Building Services Engineer Summer Placement 2022
Across the country, you'll ﬁnd iconic landmarks built by Sir Robert McAlpine. Cornwall's Eden Project, Birmingham's Bull Ring, London's Emirates Stadium.
By joining us now, you can play your part in delivering the next generation of outstanding projects that will continue our 150-year legacy. Our family-owned business is where to achieve more from your career by proudly building Britain's future heritage with us.
The summer placement
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring undergraduate Building Services Engineer to join our business over the summer period in Birmingham on our Hockley Mills project.
As a summer placement, you'll get exposure to a wide range of challenges and tasks that will support you to start understanding our business and grow your confidence and technical skills. Working with, and learning from highly skilled industry professionals, provides the perfect launch pad for your career.
This will include
- Building up your experience on complex and high-profile projects
- Working with and learning from some of the industry's most skilled professionals
- Starting to apply theory learnt at university to practical situations
- Understanding the business and opportunity to network with key-stakeholders
- Competitive salary, dependent on your year of study
- Opportunity for further placements with us and a place on our Graduate scheme (subject to further assessment)
- Be studying towards a degree in a relevant qualification, ideally on track to a achieve a 2.2 or above
- A passion for problem solving and ‘thinking outside the box'
- Have a driven, self-motivate attitude
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full driving licence (desirable)
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.
Sir Robert McAlpine is focused on being a truly inclusive employer.