Quantity Surveyor Placement 2021
We are currently looking to hire an aspiring Quantity Surveyor to join us on a 12-month industrial placement starting summer 2021 to work for our Birmingham office.
Why join us?
Across the country, you'll ﬁnd iconic landmarks built by Sir Robert McAlpine. Cornwall's Eden Project, Birmingham's Bull Ring, London's Emirates Stadium.
By joining us now, you can play your part in delivering the next generation of outstanding projects that will continue our 150-year legacy. Our family-owned business is where to achieve more from your career by proudly building Britain's future heritage with us.
Industrial Placement – Quantity Surveyor role
You will be working as a trainee Quantity Surveyor within our commercial team for our Birmingham Office on local projects.
As an Industrial placement, you'll get exposure to a wide range of challenges and tasks that will support you to start understanding our business and grow your confidence and technical skills. Working with, and learning from highly skilled industry professionals, provides the perfect launch pad for your career.
This will include
- Building up your experience on complex and high-profile projects
- Working with and learning from some of the industry's most skilled professionals
- Starting to apply theory learnt at university to practical situations
- Understanding the business and opportunity to network with key-stakeholders
- Competitive salary and sponsorship*, dependent on your year of study
- Opportunity for further placements with us and a place on our Graduate scheme (subject to further assessment)
(*There is the opportunity to receive sponsorship on completion of first placement)
- Be studying towards a degree in a relevant qualification, ideally on track to a achieve a 2.2 or above
- A passion for problem solving and ‘thinking outside the box'
- Have a driven, self-motivate attitude
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full driving licence (desirable)
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.
Sir Robert McAlpine is focused on being a truly inclusive employer.