Anglian Water Graduate Civil Engineer Graduate Programme 2021
Our graduate programme will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you’ll have the freedom to learn, achieve your ambitions and leave your mark on the communities in which we work.
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
About Anglian Water
Skanska, in partnership with six other partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivers over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme. The partnership is known as the Anglian Water @one Alliance and is a totally collaborative organisation, now heading into our latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7.
This will see us deliver a £1.4bn programme of work over the next five years. Are you ready to join us as we gear up to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen? We understand we need to build an enthusiastic and talented workforce which can provide us with innovative and different ways of working to keep the water flowing throughout our regions for years to come.
With this in mind, we are looking for a number of Civil Engineering Graduates to join us on our exciting journey and contribute to our future success.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to development of solutions and suitable designs of Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants and/or sewerage/water systems that achieve the goals of Anglian Water in terms of customer, environment and efficiency
- Have responsibility for consistently high quality work and contributing to the overall effectiveness of the team whilst complying with POSWSH/POSWASTE
- Collaborate with the design team to develop 3D models and solutions
- Complete civil engineering design calculations and carry out surveys
- Support the team in the drive towards excellence in Health & Safety, demonstrating applied knowledge & skills to produce safe designs to discharge obligation according to CDM Regulations, standards and accepted codes of practice
- Maintain close links with other Engineers, Technical Managers and Operations to ensure smooth interfaces between disciplines, manage gaps/overlaps and share best practice to optimise performance
Who you are
- Educated to degree level in civil engineering with keen interest to pursue a career in the water sector.
- Possessing strong communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills to complement your proficiency in IT packages, you’ll relish solving complex engineering challenges and be motivated to learn and develop new ways of thinking.
What we offer
- Opportunities to gain the experience necessary to achieve chartered status in your chosen area such as site experience, commercial exposure and access to digital tools to improve the quality of engineering design.
- Support and guidance from experienced engineers to become an expert in Civil Engineering, adopting the principles of excellence in design based on the industry leading approaches practiced by the @one Alliance engineering team.