Anglian Water Graduate Process Engineer 2021
Our graduate programme will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you’ll have the freedom to learn, achieve your ambitions and leave your mark on the communities in which we work.
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
About Anglian Water
Skanska, in partnership with six other partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivers over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme. The partnership is known as the Anglian Water @one Alliance and is a totally collaborative organisation, now heading into our latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7.
This will see us deliver a £1.4bn programme of work over the next five years. Are you ready to join us as we gear up to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen? We understand we need to build an enthusiastic and talented workforce which can provide us with innovative and different ways of working to keep the water flowing throughout our regions for years to come.
With this in mind, we are looking for a number of Process Engineer Graduates to join us on our exciting journey and contribute to our future success whilst being part of a designate scheme which will equip successful candidates with the skills, experience and opportunity to embark on a varied and fulfilling career.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to development of solutions and suitable designs of Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants and/or sewerage/water systems that achieve the goals of Anglian Water in terms of customer, environment and efficiency
- Have responsibility for consistently high quality work and contributing to the overall effectiveness of the team whilst complying with POSWSH/POSWASTE
- Collaborate with the design team to develop 3D models and solutions
- Work in collaboration with other disciplines to develop and detail appropriate solutions, you’ll adopt the principles of excellence in design based on the industry leading approaches practiced by the @one Alliance engineering team
- Support the team in the drive towards excellence in Health & Safety, demonstrating applied knowledge & skills to produce safe designs to discharge obligation according to CDM Regulations, Proactively and reactively champion the need to deliver technical excellence ensuring the importance is understood and implemented across projects
- Maintain close links with other Engineers, Technical Managers and Operations to ensure smooth interfaces between disciplines, manage gaps/overlaps and share best practice to optimise performance
Who you are
- To join our Engineering team in our quest to remain an industry- leading alliance by pushing boundaries of innovation, you’ll be educated to degree level in water/wastewater process science/engineering related subject and have a keen passion to pursue a career in Process Engineering.
- Possessing strong communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills to complement your proficiency in IT packages, you’ll relish solving complex engineering challenges and be motivated to learn and develop new ways of thinking.
What we offer
- Opportunities to gain the experience necessary to achieve chartered status in your chosen area such as site experience, commercial exposure and access to digital tools to improve the quality of engineering design.
- Support and guidance from experienced engineers to become an expert in Process Engineering
As part of the Skanska graduate programme, you will have a clearly defined learning pathway to develop your technical and soft skills. You will build a strong professional network with exposure to our leaders and gain project management and technical skills for the future through completing a digitalisation project. You will also spend a week away completing a practical skills workshop to gain a wider understanding of the Construction industry.