Graduate M&E Building Services Engineer
Our graduate programme will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you you’ll have the freedom to learn, achieve your ambitions and leave your mark on the communities in which we work.
As a Graduate M&E Building Services Engineer, you will become a key member of our facilities management team responsible for providing specialist engineering maintenance services across the St. Barts and Royal London Hospitals. You will help manage either a Mechanical (Boilers & Pressure Vessels/HVAC) or Electrical Systems (High Voltage and Low Voltage) package. You will be responsible for implementing regulations relevant to your package as well as providing guidance on compliance matters to the engineering teams. You will be a key member of our facilities management team contributing towards the safety and comfort of the hospitals’ patients, staff, and visitors.
What you’ll do
- Advise and update any changes to the mechanical or electrical policy document in line with Skanska procedures
- Manage and maintain the mechanical or electrical equipment register
- Supervise and oversee the works conducted on the mechanical or electrical systems and associated plant, ensuring that contractor and in-house engineer’s competence is checked
- Monitor the equipment maintenance records and the associated documents, ensure they are stored in accordance with the site document control process.
- Maintain close liaison with the Authorised Engineers for any operational concerns and ensure completion of the annual reports
- Carry out day to day monitoring and maintenance of risk management systems to ensure there is no uncontrolled clinical impact
- Complete material and supply chain procurement as part of the package management process.
- Project manage specific packages from implementation to completion
Who you are
- Studying to degree level or having completed a degree in a building services discipline
- Sound knowledge of mechanical or electrical systems within commercial buildings
- You will be a professional with high ethical standards and must be comfortable in presenting your position on statutory and mandatory obligations
- Enthusiastic to learn
What we offer
- Professional networks and support groups to help you succeed
- The opportunity to work towards membership of your chosen professional body
- Project management and leadership development
- At least one volunteering day per year
- Competitive benefits package
- Clear learning and development opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and behaviours to prepare you for your career at Skanska
As part of the Graduate programme, you will have a clearly defined learning pathway to develop your technical and soft skills. You will build a strong professional network with exposure to our leaders and gain project management and technical skills for the future through completing a digitalisation project. You will also spend a week away completing a practical skills workshop to gain a wider understanding of the Construction industry.
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
At Skanska we believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
To build on the foundations of your degree, apply below and help us build for a better society.