Graduate Quantity Surveyor - London
Our graduate programme will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you’ll have the freedom to learn, achieve your ambitions and leave your mark on the communities in which we work.
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
At Skanska we believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
What you’ll do
- Help minimise the costs of a project to ensure profitability and risk mitigation
- Build relationships and negotiate with trade contractors and client representatives
- Support the preparation and completion of site measurement and records, day work sheets, labour and plant returns
- Procure trade contract packages, including completing detailed tender analysis and preparation of tender and contract documents
- Assist with the procurement of sub-contract packages
- Work within the projects commercial team and have responsibility in measuring and quantifying works for cost plan validation, completing interim and final account valuations.
- Prepare contractual documents including preparing scopes and sub-contract warranties
Who you are
- Studying to degree level or having completed a degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or Economics
- Naturally analytical, confident in problem solving and have excellent commercial awareness
- Values driven and passionate about sustainability
What we offer
- Professional networks and support groups to help you succeed
- The opportunity to work towards membership of your chosen professional body
- Project management and leadership development
- At least one volunteering day per year
- Competitive benefits package
- Clear learning and development opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and behaviours to prepare you for your career at Skanska
As part of the Graduate programme, you will have a clearly defined learning pathway to develop your technical and soft skills. You will build a strong professional network with exposure to our leaders and gain project management and technical skills for the future through completing a digitalisation project. You will also spend a week away completing a practical skills workshop to gain a wider understanding of the Construction industry.
At Skanska, we thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.