Summer Internship - Engineering Surveyor
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a summer intern to join our infrastructure team based at IPC Euston, London.
What you’ll do
- Assist in ensuring that the project have the appropriate survey control network to fulfil the construction requirements.
- Setting out the works in accordance with the contract requirements before work is programmed to commence and under the instruction
- Share expert advice and guidance to the members of the engineering survey teams and other parts of the business related to engineering surveying and geospatial best practice.
- Provide a topographical survey in preparation for engineering works on site, setting out for the works, reports and measures and final survey information.
- Review with the engineering team that sufficient information is available.
- Provide expert advice and estimation of cost to the project team on site geospatial needs and requirements.
- Ensure that the Geospatial technical expertise is available for the project.
- Ensure that advances in technology are used to optimise operational efficiency and are cost efficient.
Who you are
- Studying towards a degree in Land Surveying or Engineering Surveying
- Able to use survey instruments, software and working methods
- Able to present and communicate engineering surveying data
- Enthusiastic to learn
8 weeks - July/August
We can be flexible and can work around your pre-booked holiday plans
Our Infrastructure operating unit brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex civil engineering projects across the country. We form strong partnerships with customers and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail and High Speed Two (HS2) in the rail sector, the M25 widening in the highways sector and London Power Tunnels – a new electricity superhighway, helping to improve the communities we work in and to leave a lasting legacy for future generations.
At Skanska, we thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
To gain some hands on site experience completing surveys, apply below and help us build for a better society.