Finance Internship 2021
Commissioning a TV show. Developing a new app. Key to decision making is the financial impact of these projects. That’s why our Finance team is at the very heart of everything we do at Sky.
Our Finance team in Scotland
- Provides world class accounting and finance operational services across the whole of our European business including UK&Ireland, Italy, Germany and Austria
- Supports the Group’s financial control environment not only engaging with Sky but also our Comcast colleagues in the US
- Engages and works with all elements of the business to ensure the end to end financial considerations of every business decision are tackled.
Our Finance team in Osterley
- Set and track budgets
- Develop business cases to support projects and investment decisions
- Interpret data to provide insights
- Connect with teams across the business to meet and exceed our company targets.
Get in on the action. Experience what working in a dynamic, exciting environment is like. And get a taste of what it takes to become a qualified accountant. Impress us, and we may well offer you a full-time position once you graduate – starting summer 2022.
What you’ll be doing
- Spend your first three weeks learning about the role of finance in business
- Collaborate on an exciting, challenging project
- Get to know how we work with other areas of the business
- Develop your problem-solving skills
- Present your work to senior members of our Finance team.
- This internship will be 6 weeks
- Expected start June 2021.
How you’ll be supported
Be Brilliant – How? We give you freedom. Support. The chance to try things your way – forging your ideal career path, or developing something totally new. It means you can do more. Make an impact. Get noticed. And it means with the right attitude, anything’s possible.
Digital Development – Whenever you want it. Access 3,000 LinkedIn Learning courses at a time that suits you. We’ll suggest courses that we think are key, then it’s over to you.
Support Network – Whatever path you choose we’ll be right there with you. You’ll get to team up with a grad who’s been there and done it and have a manager who’ll stretch and guide you to where you want to go.
What we’re looking for
The one essential requirement is that you’re currently studying for an undergraduate degree in any subject, and in your penultimate year. Other skills we’re looking for include:
- Commercially-minded and a problem-solver
- Collaborative and great with people.
Your application journey
First, complete our short application form by entering your details and academic information. Once your application has been submitted, you will be invited (so look out for our email, you may need to check your junk mail just in case) to our immersive digital assessments. Your programme requires two digital assessments to be completed prior to shortlisting to the assessment centre.
The first digital assessment looks at your behavioural and cognitive strengths through several questions. The second digital assessment will be a numerical reasoning test. In the last digital assessment, you will be required to review various sets of information and be asked questions related to this. Part of this stage will include a recorded video interview. But don’t worry there will be practice round.
The final stage of your application will be a (surprise, digital) assessment day You’ll have the opportunity to impress us through a variety of tasks, which may include a group discussion, an individual interview, and smaller programme related exercises.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.