European Graduate Development Programme 2021
We want to ensure you are well equipped for the future and the unique challenges it will bring, and so we are dedicated to providing learning initiatives that support your personal and professional development.
Our graduate programme has been designed to expose you to project and client work early on, maximising your performance in your role and kick-starting your career through lots of on-the-job development, training and mentoring. This will take the form of:
- A structured Learning Programme centred around our graduate success profile that will build on your existing capabilities. You will not only be given the tools to become an expert in your field through challenging and meaningful work, but you will also meet with your graduate peers at regular intervals to undertake training on a range of topics to complement your technical skillset. These will include strategic acumen, commercial awareness, high impact communication, influencing and innovation to name but a few. We will also encourage you to bring your authentic self to SLR and become involved in networking, industry and companywide events to build your personal brand.
- A Mentoring Programme. This will be an important part of your graduate experience and at the start of the programme you will be assigned a mentor – a senior business leader who will act as your guide, sounding board, challenger and listening ear. They will be on hand to support your career development; help you navigate and network SLR and support any workplace or project challenges.
- A Buddy Programme. Through our buddy programme you will be paired with a colleague from your office location to support you through your first few weeks here at SLR
- Continuous feedback and formal reviews. Finally, you will meet with your line manager on an ongoing basis who will provide you with regular feedback on your performance and ensure you are well informed and able to succeed in your new role. In addition, you will undertake formal reviews every six months to discuss your performance, development goals and aspirations.
Who are SLR?
SLR are global leaders in environmental and advisory solutions helping our clients achieve their sustainability goals. We are a consultancy with over 1600 staff across 5 regions – including over 600 staff across Europe. SLR’s ‘One Team’ culture is at the heart of our business; providing a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. We have a network of over 22 offices throughout the UK, Ireland and France enabling flexibility over working location.
Why should I apply?
Along with a competitive starting salary you will receive:
- A permanent contract from day one
- 25 days holiday a year, agile/flexible and home working opportunities, a personal pension plan, life assurance, access to our cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme
- A structured career development path allowing you to become an expert in your chosen discipline and a potential leader of the future
- An investment in your ongoing learning and development
- An opportunity to work with well-respected industry leaders across the organisation, both regionally and globally
- A route to chartership and support from industry experts
- The subscription, assessment and membership fees to join one relevant professional body
- Opportunities to get involved in our charities, communities and equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Future global and regional job opportunities
What opportunities are available?
We are currently seeking graduates across the following technical disciplines and business functions:
- Acoustics and Vibration (Nottingham)
- Archaeology and Heritage (Edinburgh or Bristol)
- Carbon and Energy Management (Manchester)
- Civil and Structural Engineering (Edinburgh, Stirling, Nottingham, Bradford upon Avon, Bristol)
- Finance (Oxford)
- Highways and Transport Planning (UK wide and Ireland)
- Hydrology and Hydrogeology (London/Bristol)
- Land Quality and Remediation (Maidstone, Bristol, Sheffield, Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff)
- Process Engineering (Maidstone or Bristol)
- Safety Advisory (Manchester)
What you'll need
We ask that applicants hold a 2.1 degree in one of the technical/business areas listed above as well as a full and valid drivers license.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please follow the application link below, providing us with a copy of your CV which includes a short personal statement of no more than 300 words outlining as a minimum:
- The reasons why you are applying for the graduate programme
- What attracts you to SLR and,
- The technical discipline/business area(s) you are applying for (please state all the routes that you wish to apply)
Your CV and personal statement should also be tailored to help us understand how you match against our graduate success profile:
- Knowledge: a recognised qualification, technically credible (understands processes, methods and technologies in your chosen specialism) and safety and environmental awareness
- Experience: working as part of a team
- Competencies: promotes innovation and change, communicates with high impact – both verbally and in writing and drives for results
- Personal Attributes: analytical, results oriented, flexible and adaptable and a problem solver