Trainee Investment Manager Birmingham 2022, Immediate Start
If you’re looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Evelyn Partners.
Evelyn Partners is the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families, and businesses for more than a century. We offer a wide range of end-to-end services to meet our clients’ needs throughout their life, and at every stage of their business lifecycle.
Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management and delivering presentations.
What will you be doing?
It takes a very impressive skillset and knowledge-base to earn the trust of a private investor. Our aim as an investment service is to understand the needs of our clients and create tailored solutions that enable them to both preserve and grow their wealth. We don’t limit ourselves to one in-house investment style, which means there’s no limit to the insights you can provide.
Our Investment Management teams work with private individuals, charities and institutions to help achieve their financial aspirations. We do this by understanding their requirements, attitude to risk and time-horizons to create and manage the most suitable investment portfolios.
As an Investment Management trainee, you’ll be delivering wide-ranging support and assistance to the Investment Management Team with the management of client relationships and client portfolios. You will be learning from a well-respected profession at a firm with an unparalleled reputation. We’ll teach you how to assess global economic strategies, understand how asset classes are ranked, and select sectors, stocks and funds as you evaluate risk while constructing high-performing portfolios that exceed your clients’ expectations.
As our Trainee your responsibilities will include
- Assisting with the management of client portfolios (for example, comparing client portfolios to model portfolios, arranging bulk trades/switches, monitoring cash movements/stock transfers, and managing income requirements)
- Assisting in preparing for and conducting client review meetings (for example, preparing performance data, attending meetings and taking notes, preparing valuations, suitability reviews, and reporting packs)
- Assisting with new business activities (for example, preparing presentations/investment proposals, attending new business pitches, researching client prospects, following-up leads, collating prospective client data and documentation)
- Acting as a link between Investment Management/ Financial Planning, support team and operations teams
- Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and colleagues
- Prioritise workload to ensure all activities are timely and conducted in a manner that will meet the agreed performance standards.
Investment Research – Sector Specialist (where appropriate)
- Required to work as part of a team focussing on direct equity or collective sector analysis to support the firm’s wider Investment Process needs
- Understand the sector, providing appropriate recommendations, based on a wide range of resources
- Actively participate in regular meetings, taking ownership of actions, and working in conjunction with other sector specialists
- Construct materials as determined within the sector teams to support analysis and communication to Investment Managers
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Committed and motivated to study for the Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) and CISI’s Masters in Wealth Management qualifications.
- Must have or be on course for at least a 2:1 honours degree in any discipline
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
What training and development will I receive in my first few years?
We believe that hands-on experience is key to creating well-rounded trusted business advisers. As part of our Investment Management team, you'll gain invaluable experience spending time in the investment settlement operations, middle office, compliance, treasury and fund administration departments as well as studying for the Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) and CISI’s Masters in Wealth Management qualifications.
Evelyn Partners recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. At Evelyn Partners we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.