Industrial Placement Programme, Business Tax - 2024
Evelyn Partners is the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, with over 186 years of experience in helping generations of people and businesses to thrive. We offer an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities and businesses.
We provide an award-winning service for our clients by employing the best people. Join us on our mission to place the power of good advice into more hands because we believe that everyone deserves access to good advice, regardless of where they’re at in their financial journey.
As a high growth organisation, we offer personal growth opportunities in an environment that empowers you to drive change. Our collaborative, open door culture supports you to perform at your best, with high levels of autonomy and a strong partnership mindset across the organisation.
Our business tax team provides tax and consulting services to a wide range of companies, from large multinational groups to owner-managed businesses. Our tax advice is designed to meet our client’s agreed commercial objectives considering all relevant taxes, including corporation tax, VAT and employment taxes. We provide practical advice, regularly negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs, with members of our team sitting on a number of leading professional and industry committees.
What will you be doing?
Across your 12 month placement, you can expect to learn the skills needed to support our clients with navigating an increasingly complex tax landscape through the delivery of a wide range of tax advisory and compliance related services. You will learn how various domestic and international tax rules apply to our clients, and how we can provide innovative, tailored solutions to support them with managing their tax obligations.
You will work closely with existing client teams, including Partners and Directors, to manage the day to day delivery of our services, thus enabling you to develop a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and a range of professional and transferable skills.
Your responsibilities will include
- Preparation of tax computations, returns and supplementary filings, as well as client communications and deliverables
- Assisting other areas of the tax team to give you a well-rounded experience
- Assisting with research assignments and drafting technical documentation
- Supporting members of the team on more complex client projects and advisory engagements
- Building relationships with colleagues both within Tax and across the wider business
- Delivering first class client service and working effectively as part of a team
- Maintaining and developing vital soft skills
To be successful in this role, you should
- Be in your penultimate year of university
- On course for at least a predicted 2:2 degree, in any discipline
- A Level: Minimum 112 UCAS points in top three A Levels (or equivalent), excluding General Studies
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
We value all the benefits that a diverse team brings.When you join Evelyn Partners, you’ll have access to a wide range of active employee resource groups and multiple diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. As a colleague, we want to work with you, regardless of your identity, background, or circumstance, to achieve your full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment.
For us to make the process as easy as possible for you, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need on your application form.
Important notes for completing your application
When you click on the ‘I’m interested’ button you’ll be taken to your profile page. We’re in the process of updating it but in the meantime:
- Under the ‘Experience’ section, if you do not have any experience please enter ‘N/A’ into the ‘Title’ text box and choose a random end and start date
- Under the ‘Education’ section you do NOT need to include all your education details as we’ll ask for this separately once you’ve completed your profile. All you need to do is fill in the ‘Institution’ (aka University) question which is mandatory. If you have more than one degree please include your latest one.
- Under the ‘Resume’ (aka CV) section, it is mandatory for you to upload a document; however, this will not be formally reviewed.
- The ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ text box is NOT mandatory and will not be formally reviewed.