HR Summer Internship 2021
Description of the Business Line or Department
SG Kleinwort Hambros is a leading private banking and wealth management owned by Societe Generale that offers financial services in the UK, Channel Islands and Gibraltar.
There are various departments within Kleinwort Hambros offering exciting internship opportunities and insight into the operations of a Private Bank, these include; Compliance, Risk, Trusts, Private Banking, Investment Management and Human Resources.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The main purpose of the intern role is to support the designated team that they are assigned to. The role will initially be to shadow colleagues within the team to gain a better understanding of how a Private Banking business operates and to understand the specialist nature of the function that you will be aligned to. The role will provide administration support, assist with ad-hoc projects and peer networking. At the end of the Internship there may be longer term trainee apprenticeship opportunities to apply for in the bank.
Summary of responsibilities
- 12-week internship plan, including; various face to face training and online training to help build the necessary skills to work in the finance industry.
- Become familiar and proficient with PeopleSoft (HR Database), MyLearning & KHUB (Learning Management Systems
- Attend regular team meetings presenting and participating as required
- Provide administrative support to the team.
- Involvement with any ad-hoc projects the team are working on.
- Shadow colleagues to gain a better understanding of business proposition and operations
- Must seek advice in case of doubt
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGP Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationship.
- Individual contributor competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
- Knowledge of business processes, standards, policies and procedures
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other relevant IT skills
- Knowledge of regulations applying to the bank, its staff and our clients
- Knowledge of internal risk management, compliance, AML procedures and constant vigilance in respect of them
- Reliability and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team Player & Collaboration
- Exercise good judgement skills to prevent fraud and raise alerts as necessary
- Strong academic achievement
- Previous internships in the Financial Services is desirable but not essential
University Degree: 2:1 or above
- French (desirable)