Bid Management Industrial Placement 2021
We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don’t just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of consumer tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of.
Wherever you find yourself in our business, you will be given the opportunity to understand, operate and develop our key business processes that help to make Sony what it is today. You will be given the opportunity to learn, grow and lay the building blocks for the bright career ahead of you.
We are also passionate about your development and to help you get the most out of the experience you will be part of a development module which will expose you to the other areas of the Sony family, our business leaders and get you working on some great projects. With a group of like-minded students, our student alumni and business experts, you’ll be joining a fantastic community where it’s all about taking risks, pushing the boundaries and changing the future. Working in our fast-paced business functions we promise a life changing experience.
If you’re studying towards your bachelor’s degree and think you've got what it takes – apply today!
A bid manager is responsible for submitting a completed bid to an existing or prospective client, on time and within budget. They ensure that all the client's questions have been answered as fully as possible, and that the organisation has given itself the best possible chance of success.
The intern will be working on some of the following projects within Bid Management;
Assist Head of Bid Management with various projects
- Competitor Analysis.
- Sourcing Product Information – benefits, key differentiators and after sales support.
- Managing and updating weekly, monthly reports that are presented to the Senior Management Team.
- Constantly monitor and assess the Bid Process, identifying areas for improvement in terms of quality, time and effort.
Assist the Bid Team in the day-to-day managing of bid opportunities.
- Bid Workstreams, working with the Bid Managers and virtual content experts to submit a compliant and compelling bid to the customer.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Reading tender documentation and understanding what is needed and where in Sony the answer lies.
- Contribute to creation, maintaining and updating boilerplate information needed for bids.
- Managing and updating weekly, monthly reports that are presented to Head of Bid Management and virtual internal teams.
- Attendance to meetings where needed internally or externally.
- Management and creation of Bid reports within Salesforce.
- Obtaining/training on the tools used within the bid management.
- Undergraduate student studying a business-related degree, as part of a sandwich course
- An enthusiastic fast learner
- Evidence of proactivity / drive
- Ability to analyse, synthesise, distil, report, recommend
- Capability in Microsoft tool suite (PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What Do We Offer?
- A one-year, full time work experience programme for undergraduate students from July 2021 until July 2022.
- Be part of a global player in the consumer electronics industry
- Unique and business driven experience
- Exposure to leading edge technology
- Business and commercial understanding
- Opportunity to demonstrate your potential
- Core development experience
- Diverse and international work environment
- Paid internship
Our Recruitment Process
- The job posting will be open until 6th December 2020
- The selected candidates will be invited to perform a video interview during December.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview during late January/early February either face-to-face in our Basingstoke office or virtually (COVID-19 dependent)