Business Planning Industrial Placement 2021
We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don’t just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of consumer tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of.
Wherever you find yourself in our business, you will be given the opportunity to understand, operate and develop our key business processes that help to make Sony what it is today. You will be given the opportunity to learn, grow and lay the building blocks for the bright career ahead of you.
We are also passionate about your development and to help you get the most out of the experience you will be part of a development module which will expose you to the other areas of the Sony family, our business leaders and get you working on some great projects. With a group of like-minded students, our student alumni and business experts, you’ll be joining a fantastic community where it’s all about taking risks, pushing the boundaries and changing the future. Working in our fast-paced business functions we promise a life changing experience.
If you’re studying towards your Bachelor's degree and think you've got what it takes – apply today!
We are looking for a Business Analyst intern to join our European Video & Sound Product Marketing team. Extend your influence in a visible, pivotal Business Analyst role. Make data the inspiration for how we market many of our highest-profile and most profitable products.
You’ll produce, interpret and report on data covering everything from inventory and pricing to orders and sales performance. The results will define our marketing, pricing and buying strategies as well as supporting market forecasts.
Manage data governing market information and forecasting; performance tracking and analysis. Develop PSI processes to improve timely and accurate decision making. Be the go-to expert on a range of key systems. Challenge convention and assumptions to drive improvements in reporting structures and processes, our “Way of Working”.
- Undergraduate student studying Business Management, Economics or Marketing, as part of a sandwich course
- Previous office work experience is desired but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills – able to detect patterns and trends
- Strong Excel skills – Pivots, Lookups and data manipulation
- Willingness to learn
- Great attention to detail
- Fluent in English
What Do We Offer?
- A one-year, full time work experience programme for undergraduate students from July 2021 until July 2022.
- Be part of a global player in the consumer electronics industry
- Unique and business driven experience
- Exposure to leading edge technology
- Business and commercial understanding
- Opportunity to demonstrate your potential
- Core development experience
- Diverse and international work environment
- Paid internship
Our Recruitment Process
- The job posting will be open until 6th December 2020
- The selected candidates will be invited to perform a video interview during December.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview during late January/early February either face-to-face in our Weybridge office or virtually (COVID-19 dependent)