Human Resources Industrial Placement 2021
We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don’t just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of consumer tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of.
Wherever you find yourself in our business, you will be given the opportunity to understand, operate and develop our key business processes that help to make Sony what it is today. You will be given the opportunity to learn, grow and lay the building blocks for the bright career ahead of you.
We are also passionate about your development and to help you get the most out of the experience you will be part of a development module which will expose you to the other areas of the Sony family, our business leaders and get you working on some great projects. With a group of like-minded students, our student alumni and business experts, you’ll be joining a fantastic community where it’s all about taking risks, pushing the boundaries and changing the future. Working in our fast-paced business functions we promise a life changing experience.
If you’re studying towards your bachelor’s degree and think you've got what it takes – apply today!
Our people are important. Their collective efforts drive our innovation. And innovation drives Sony. Our HR placement opportunities rotate across all functions, including Talent & Resourcing, Reward & Recognition and Learning & Development.
You’ll be involved in creating and supporting initiatives and policies that help us attract the right people and develop and motivate them once they’re working for us.
Throughout this Placement you will be given the opportunity to learn and immerse yourself in what it means to be a good HR professional in a multi-cultural European organisation. Specifically, you will be involved in three central HR functions and have exposure to the wider HR framework.
Learning & Organisational Development
- Our Learning & Organisational Development team are responsible for driving talent management and leadership development strategies, tools, and processes to meet our current and future business needs. In your time with Learning & Organisational Development you will:
Help with programme and project delivery.
- Be exposed to organisational development, performance management and learning and development.
- Supporting Talent development programmes.
- Assist in content creation and the facilitation of training.
Talent & Resourcing
Our Talent and Resourcing team manage all recruitment activities both for internal moves and for hiring talent externally, as well as a robust internal talent management cycle and identifying where succession planning is required. During your time with our Talent and Resourcing team you will:
- Assist with the Emerging Talent recruitment process for Graduates and Placement Years including assessment centres.
- Participation at University Graduate Career Fairs across the UK.
- Exposure to the talent review process within Sony.
Reward, Recognition and Mobility
Our Reward, Recognition and Mobility team are responsible for efficiently creating, managing and distributing remuneration and incentive packages that reward our employees for their hard work. Ensuring that the packages paid to our employees are competitive, so that Sony can attract and retain the talent needed, against the commercial requirement to control the costs for the business. During your time in Reward, Recognition and Mobility you will:
- Data input and analysis of market data for employee reward.
- Supporting the implementation of performance review process.
What to Expect
- Cutting-edge training on the job
- Flexible working and fast-paced environment
- The opportunity to explore your passion for people and understand where your HR career could take you
- Constant feedback and opportunities to push your boundaries
- Exposure to many aspects of HR to help shape your understanding of the impact on an organisation
Who you are
- Studying towards a degree in Human Resources or Business Management
- Solid team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High levels of drive and initiative
- Analytical/attention to detail
- Good organisational skills are a must
- IT knowledge: MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Language: English (fluent). Additional language skills (other than English) would be preferred but not essential
What Do We Offer?
- A one-year, full time work experience programme for undergraduate students from July 2021 until July 2022.
- Be part of a global player in the consumer electronics industry
- Unique and business driven experience
- Exposure to leading edge technology
- Business and commercial understanding
- Opportunity to demonstrate your potential
- Core development experience
- Diverse and international work environment
- Paid internship
- Being part of a large community of interns
Our Recruitment Process
- The job posting will be open until 6th December 2020
- The selected candidates will be invited to perform a video interview during December.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview during late January/early February either face-to-face in our Weybridge office or virtually (COVID-19 dependent)