Marketing Industrial Placement 2021
We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don’t just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of consumer tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of.
Wherever you find yourself in our business, you will be given the opportunity to understand, operate and develop our key business processes that help to make Sony what it is today. You will be given the opportunity to learn, grow and lay the building blocks for the bright career ahead of you.
We are also passionate about your development and to help you get the most out of the experience you will be part of a development module which will expose you to the other areas of the Sony family, our business leaders and get you working on some great projects. With a group of like-minded students, our student alumni and business experts, you’ll be joining a fantastic community where it’s all about taking risks, pushing the boundaries and changing the future.
Working in our fast-paced business functions we promise a life changing experience.
If you’re studying towards your Bachelor's degree and think you've got what it takes – Apply today!
Working in our Pan European or Local Marketing functions, you will deliver our market leading consumer and professional products across Europe. The actions you take as a marketer at Sony aim to inspire the consumer but we're confident it will inspire you too.
You could have a focus on marketing campaigns, product trainings, online marketing communication or social media. Within the different marketing teams, we offer four exciting marketing intern roles:
European Marketing Assistant – Digital Imaging
The candidate will assist the team with the following activities:
- Assist the Technical Marketing manager:
- Demo / loan product and Sample management
- Locally based products operating from the office
- Managing products based and operating from 3rd party agency
- Sales tools / Competitor surveys (price maps / compatibility charts / comparison charts)
- Distribution of tools to countries
- Assist with Trainings
- Create tests online for attendees to take (training for creating tests will be provided)
- Tracking test results
- Manpower for setup and on days of trainings
- Follow-up execution and production of POS/BTL materials with marcom services where necessary
- Tracking new model launch implementation quality on online dealer web sites
- Market data
- Competition pricing maps and distribution of reports
- Occasional market data analysis
- Sony Imaging Ambassador
- Ambassador pool database management
- Running and maintaining reports through analytical tool, Klear.
- Support other activities from product marketing team such as: Event preparation and support (depending if event are resumed)
Trade, Segment and Marketing Communications Intern
The purpose of this role is to support the Trade and Segment marketing and communications teams within Sony Corporate, Education and Theatre Solutions business. Responsibilities will include marketing activity such as social media content creation, email communications, website and partner portal content development, event support and general marketing administration. The candidate will work with the marketing delivery teams to write and give briefs and manage projects from start to finish and if possible create Sales tools in line with business requirements. The candidate will also be responsible managing incoming sales leads, attending regular team meetings and be an active member of the team giving input when required. The candidate will be expected to take responsibility for specific sales and marketing activities and projects / events in collaboration with the team including data analysis etc. There will also be the opportunity to support tradeshows across Europe.
Marketing Assistant – Media Solutions
Your role will be to support the Campaign Marketing Managers for PSE Media Solutions Business group on planning, delivering and reporting on communication campaigns to Sony B2B customers, and other customer related activities.In the main this will be to support the Marketing Managers in the creation and running external and internal communications, support of strategic planning and support of brand activities. This role will also support the wider communications team and campaigns through digital, online, social and PR channels, and in managing various customer events:
- Supporting the delivery of campaigns through digital, website, social and PR channels.
- Creation, management and publication of creative assets.
- Managing campaign leads.
- Budget management support.
- Content creation and management.
- International and customer events support – may include some European travel.
- Digital publishing.
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Video production support
- Image and video asset management
- Translations management
- Internal communications
- Process review and creation
Additionally, there will be various “project” work to help deliver improvements to processes across the Marketing team depending on the skill set of the candidate (e.g. market research, online, email/marketing automation, training etc)
Digital Social Media Executive
The purpose of this role is to support the social media team with all Sony Professional social media content and campaign delivery. This will be a hands-on role helping to grow our online community working to drive high engagement rates and click-throughs with our every growing customer base. You will support campaign activity helping to adapt and prepare content for social media delivery in line with our campaign plans.
Responsibilities will include helping to maintain the social media calendar will all business areas across Sony Professional Solutions to ensure consistent and accurate content posting. You will be working closely with stakeholders across the business to help source, create and prepare content for posting on our social media channels. You will work with copywriters and designers to prepare content and work closely with the Social Media Manager as well as key stakeholders to obtain approval. You will support the ongoing maintenance of our YouTube channels to ensure we have up to date video content and clear playlist descriptions for customer engagement.
You will work with our ‘Sprout’ social media tool to schedule and post content on our social media channels. You will also be required to support the preparation of monthly reports which help us to measure and monitor performance across our channels.
A key part of this role will be to support our social media community management, monitoring, responding and escalating any critical posts that require further attention.
You will also be supporting specialist projects that require ad hoc reports, competitor research and insights on best practice and industry learnings to ensure we retain top performing social media channels.
This role will support campaign and event alignment across our social channels to create a consistent customer journey through the adaption of campaign and event assets. You will help support the ongoing integration across all digital channels working closely with the campaign acquisition, digital content and digital automation teams.
- An enthusiastic fast learner studying a marketing, advertising or business related degree
- Language: English (fluent)
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player and ability to work independently
- Good analytical skills
- A keen interest in digital marketing and technology and an avid social media user with knowledge of different social channels is considered a plus
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Inc Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- An assertive individual with a willingness to help out wherever required and an inquisitive attitude to learn more
What do we offer?
- A one year, full time work experience program for undergraduate students from July 2021 until July 2022.
- Be part of a global player in the consumer electronics industry
- Unique and business driven experienc
- Exposure to leading edge technology
- Business and commercial understanding
- Opportunity to demonstrate your potential
- Core development experience
- Diverse and international work environment
- Paid internship
Our recruitment process
- The job posting will be open until 6th of December 2020. The selected candidates will be invited to perform a video interview during December.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an assessment center for these four roles specifically in the first half of February in our office (or virtually).