Public Relations Placement 2021
If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don’t just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of consumer tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of.
Sony Electronics has over six decades of innovation to our name, and we continue to drive the market forward. From the world's first Walkman to our latest OLED television, Sony stands for creativity and innovation. We pride ourselves on having employees who match up to those values and will continue to move us forward.
Wherever you find yourself in our business, you will be given the opportunity to understand, operate and develop our key business processes that help to make Sony what it is today. You will be given the opportunity to learn, grow and lay the building blocks for the bright career ahead of you.
We are also passionate about your development and to help you get the most out of the experience you will be part of a development module which will expose you to the other areas of the Sony family, our business leaders and get you working on some great projects. With a group of like-minded students, our student alumni and business experts, you’ll be joining a fantastic community where it’s all about taking risks, pushing the boundaries and changing the future.
Working in our fast-paced business functions we promise a life changing experience.
If you’re studying towards your Bachelor's degree and think you've got what it takes – apply today!
Supporting the European HQ PR team in the day-to-day running of the public relations department, liaising with external agencies and stakeholders in coordinating events, drafting press releases, coverage monitoring and reporting, and arranging product reviews.
Acting as a key member of the Corporate Communications Europe team you will have the opportunity to have insight into and actively contribute to Sony’s media presence in Europe and really put your stamp on the role. With strong time management skills, you will balance a wide variety of daily tasks (with ease), as well as providing general administrative support to the team. Not only will you expand your knowledge in Public Relations but also get an exciting insight into one of the world’s biggest technology companies.
With the chance to help plan and attend exciting events and launches to ensure they run smoothly from start to finish, as well as scope to lead your own projects, this is an excellent opportunity to put all your PR knowledge into action and get excellent insight into the profession.
Working within an established Communications team of 10, you will be offered expert mentorship, alongside multiple development opportunities and training courses.
Events and Product Launch Activities
- Provide key event support at European trade and consumer events, including coordination, logistics and on the ground media engagement and product demos
- Draft product press releases
- Contribute to activity and campaign briefs
- Build understanding of consumer insights and target audiences to inform PR media planning
- Working with consumer insights and marketing teams to develop campaign briefs and creative ideas as part of the team's role to devise and create content-led, sustained editorial PR campaigns for agreed product priorities
- Where appropriate, use external agencies stimulus to add value or specialist expertise
Coverage Monitoring – Media and Influencer Coverage
- Analysing coverage and producing coverage reports for individual product launches
- Managing the quarterly and annual coverage reports process with external media monitoring agency
- Project managing the media monitoring agency and monitoring brief on a day-to-day basis, acting as the lead liaison with in-country PR managers and the supplier to ensure accurate delivery of media coverage across Europe
- Support PR Managers on European-led PR projects and campaigns
- Coordinate information between in-country PR managers to maintain coherency in communication
- Equip and enable in-country PR teams to adopt and enact the campaigns for maximum impact
- Support the media peripherals business group on general PR activity
- Prepare documents, reports and PowerPoint presentations for events and meetings
- Maintain shared drive to ensure all information is kept up to date including images, campaign reports, creative briefs etc
- Work with internal communications team to ensure employees are kept up to date with interesting and timely PR topics, such as product launches, awards, coverage
- Raise purchase orders for suppliers
- Undergraduate student studying Public Relations, Communications or Media- related qualification at degree level or equivalent as part of a sandwich course.
- Knowledge and interest in consumer electronics ideal but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organised, skilled at multi-tasking and prioritising workload.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from different cultures.
- Multiple languages a bonus.
- Good eye for detail and proof-reading skills.
- Able to work with and maintain sensitive information.
- Enthusiastic attitude to working on constantly evolving projects and ad hoc duties.
- Proactive approach with a resourceful aptitude.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word to a high standard.
- A team player with great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel within Europe when required.
What Do We Offer?
- A one-year, full time work experience programme for undergraduate students from July 2021 until July 2022.
- Be part of a global player in the consumer electronics industry
- Unique and business driven experience
- Exposure to leading edge technology
- Business and commercial understanding
- Opportunity to demonstrate your potential
- Core development experience
- Diverse and international work environment
- Paid internship
Our Recruitment Process
The job posting will be open up until 24th March 2020.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview late March virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Bring your uniqueness to Sony
We recognize that each and every one of us is original and different. Diversity and inclusion are in our DNA, they drive innovation. We empower our people to achieve one goal: to fill the world with curiosity and emotion.