Graduate Software Engineer 2021
Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
Our Engineering team develop the next generation of Sophos products and technologies for which we’ve become known around the world. We are passionate and clued up on new technologies and products; always looking for ways to revolutionise how security technology interacts with the user; and have a penchant for solving complex and challenging technical problems in a creative manner.
This role provides the opportunity to work in an open and collaborative Agile environment as part of our consumer products team, developing our Sophos Home for Windows protection and management systems. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects on Windows, mobile and Cloud-based systems.
- Write product code along with test automation to deliver against project timescales, quality and requirements
- Actively contribute to release planning, and drive for high-value and high-quality solutions which meet business needs
- Participate in the design of products in line with asset technical strategy, quality and functionality requirements
- Contribute to daily stand-ups, kick-offs, collaborative estimation and retrospective meetings;
- Participate in security reviews of new developments to ensure that released products comply with Sophos’ security requirements and industry best practice;
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed.
Experience and Skills
To succeed in this role you’ll be passionate about software development, and keen to use your programming and scripting skills to help the team be successful. You’ll feel at home within an Agile team with its open communications, commitment to quality and focus on getting things “done, done”.
- Experience of developing code in C++ or Java
- Working knowledge of Python or other scripting language
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and apply them to the role
- Analytical with an eye for detail, a natural problem solver with a continuous improvement ethos
- Interpersonal communication style and enjoys working with others
- BSc in Computing or other numerate discipline, or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with web technologies
- Experience of automated regression testing
- Experience of working within Agile development methodologies
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.