Wellbeing Placement Bridgend 2022
South Wales Police is excited to launch our 2022 Intern Programme; we are looking for people with diverse skills and experiences to join our successful team.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for applicants who are looking for a 12 month work placement to join a specialist department and gain work experience and training.
In joining #TeamSWP you will be joining a leading force and one where you will be able to contribute new ideas and work to make a difference in society.
South Wales Police particularly welcomes applicants from under-represented groups.
An opportunity as arisen for a Wellbeing Intern within the Public Service Centre:
- To support the Public Service Centre Wellbeing strategy by promoting activities & encouraging colleagues to access relevant health and wellbeing opportunities
- To pro-actively seek opportunities for improvements to support health and wellbeing
- To assist with embedding good practice and maintaining effective communication channels to sustain a healthy working
- To provide information, advice and guidance to officers and staff on wellbeing related matters (general welfare, psychological wellbeing, personal health, workplace wellbeing). This will involve face to face contact, group presentations, electronic media, leaflets posters and other mediums.
- To contribute to developing strong partnerships which support and improve workplace wellbeing.
Applications are invited to help develop and support wellbeing, through raising awareness of wellbeing activities, promoting healthy lifestyles and positive mental health. The successful post-holder will integrate & communicate with Public Service Centre team to establish positive steps to enhance the working environment.
The successful candidate must be willing to undergo vetting to RV level.
This vacancy is not suitable for job-share/part time working.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Tracey Cook, Public Service Centre Manager on 01656 306075 | Ext: 70375 | Mobile: 07920504690
The programme commences September 2022 and in order to be eligible for the intern programme you will need to be studying for a degree and looking for a ‘sandwich placement’ or alternatively you will have graduated within 3 years. Please note that you cannot apply if you have already undertaken an internship with South Wales Police.
All applicants will have to complete pre-employment checks.
This role is not suitable for part time/job share workers due to operational requirements.
The successful Candidate must be willing to undergo vetting to MV/SC Vetting.
Please be aware that if your current post is within the Public Service Centre, if you were employed after 1st February 2017 you must have completed 2 years’ tenured service before applying for any other roles.
If you are currently involved in a PSD Investigation then you will not be eligible to apply for this role.