Junior/Graduate DevSecOps 2021
We want you to become one of our 'DevSecOps' specialists - we'll train and then deploy you as a consultant to one of our many attractive clients.
What is DevSecOps?
Businesses continually want a better idea of what is happening in the IT space and assurances that everything is being done to mitigate risks. That doesn't sound very interesting at first but DevSecOps is one of the most talked about changes to the tech world in recent years.
It can be described as a holistic, secure by design approach to code and delivery that involves people, processes and tools.
It's a do-all job, you get to develop, you get to test, you get to work closely with the business and use the most up to date tools in the industry to reduce the risk of someone or something introducing defects and flaws at a coding level - you will be creating a 'secure by default' environment.
Working on User Stories, working in Test Driven Development (TDD), pair programming, penetration testing (hacking to some), monitoring and detecting threats, recovery strategies, threat modelling, fortifying, mutation detection, … and a lot more.
Realistically, you're going to have to think like a hacker to understand how the software may be attacked when it becomes available. That's pretty cool.
By breaking down the name we start to get an even clearer idea of what that means:
- Development - Creating, updating and releasing software.
- Security - The integrity of the information stored; it needs to be available but also confidential.
- Operations - Making sure it is reliable and performs as expected.
These have traditionally been separate teams, but now experts are being created to be specialised in all 3.
Don't worry, you're not expected to know how to do all of this already, that's where we come in.
We can take your already great skillsets and train you to the level of a very capable specialist consultant. We want you constantly asking the question "how do I automate all the boring stuff?" and then we'll give you the know-how to build whatever it is you think of.
We want to help you grow into a security consultant with niche skillsets from continuous delivery to cloud platforms and everything in between.
Why work for us?
We take time and care to develop your abilities and confidence, your success is our success - together we make other businesses stronger.
We have great partners
What's really great about having a career in tech is that is transcends all industries, and as such we partner with businesses across all sectors - central government, leading consultancies, charities, the UKs largest mobile network operators, the world's leading music and podcast streaming platform, popular insurance groups, banks... the list goes on.
We're super inclusive
We like to be thought of as ED&I champions - To help illustrate the wonderful culture we maintain here at Sparta, we have won a host of awards and been finalists for many more:
- Booking.com - Employer of the Year Award
- Computing - Women in IT Excellence Award 2019
- Women in Tech - Best Tech Employer Awards
- WT - Diversity and Inclusion Rising Star of the Year Award
- Excellent team player
- A love for technology and its application
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Clear and transparent communication
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Presentable, professional and punctual
- Able to travel throughout the UK
Desirable but absolutely not essential - if you know them, great; If you don't, we'll teach you.
- Experience managing network stacks
- Scripting skills - Bash / Python
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Knowledge of computer networking
- Knowledge of cyber security principles
- Configuration Management Tools
- Containerisation Tools
- Cloud Technologies
- We like STEM degrees, but we consider all applicants