Junior/Graduate Java Developer 2021
It can usually take years to gain the skills of a good developer, how would you like to do it in 10 weeks, and then be deployed as one of our consultants to hone those skills?
By joining Sparta Global you will be provided with the practical skills that you need to develop in the workplace to our clients standards, even if you have previous experience in Java, we're going to take you to a level where you can wield its full potential.
Once you have completed our academy, we place you with one of our incredible clients - You will have the know-how, you have a job with incredible prospects - you're future-proofing yourself.
Whilst deployed you'll have lots of opportunities to work closely with other developers, testers, product managers, designers and business analysts to release all kinds of diverse and incredible projects. You'll be responsible for designing, building, testing and deploying platform and website enhancements. You'll create, maintain, and modify systems to meet the demands of the business and their stakeholders and make an impact within IT and technology.
Why work for us?
We take time and care to develop your abilities and confidence, your success is our success - together we make other businesses stronger.
We have great partners
What's really great about having a career in tech is that is transcends all industries, and as such we partner with businesses across all sectors - central government, leading consultancies, charities, the UKs largest mobile network operators, the world's leading music and podcast streaming platform, popular insurance groups, banks... the list goes on.
We're super inclusive
We like to be thought of as ED&I champions - To help illustrate the wonderful culture we maintain here at Sparta, we have won a host of awards and been finalists for many more:
- Booking.com - Employer of the Year Award
- Computing - Women in IT Excellence Award 2019
- Women in Tech - Best Tech Employer Awards
- WT - Diversity and Inclusion Rising Star of the Year Award
- Previous experience of any programming language e.g. C#, Java, Python or similar languages
- Excellent team player
- A love for technology and its application
- Naturally curious about how things work
- An affinity for technology with a desire to improve technical skills
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Clear and transparent communication
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Presentable, professional and punctual
- Able to travel throughout the UK
- You must be passionate about problem solving, collaboration, communication and making a personal impact on businesses.
- Analytical mindset
Desirable but absolutely not essential - If you know them, great; If you don't, we'll teach you.
- Understanding of Continual Integration and Deployment practices
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC
- We like STEM degrees, but we consider all applicants