Graduate Civil Engineer (Water) Leeds 2024
Have you ever thought about joining a Graduate Development Programme where you are part of a global community of 26,000 driven, passionate, and smart professionals?
Our accredited Professional Development Programme sets the standard for training and progression. You’ll have a chance to grow and develop as a future leader and innovator at one of the world’s most sustainable corporations that is consistently at the forefront of planning, design and delivery of infrastructure and development in the UK and Ireland.
Start your journey with us, a top tier global consultancy. Redefine your personal best.
In this role you will be working in our Civils team within our Water division in our Leeds office . We have a hybrid working approach, so there can be a mix of working in the office and from home. You’ll be involved with supporting Stantec's well-established framework supporting water utility clients such as Yorkshire Water by producing drawings and design calculations from outline to detailed design to help develop a better way of how we obtain, clean, and distribute water for our communities, such as flood alleviation and pollution management schemes. You'll also be involved with using mapping software such as Arc GIS, technical report writing and survey specifications and site visits.
The skills and experience we look for in our graduates:
We are looking for versatile individuals who love to challenge conventional thinking to join us in a growing, collaborative team of likeminded engineers working to meet the unprecedented industry-wide efficiency and environmental challenges. You are also a keen problem solver with a desire to learn and develop your skills further.
- You will have achieved or be on target to achieve a minimum of an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering. A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a Water Engineering related MSc would be an advantage.
- You will have a keen interest in water engineering including sustainable urban drainage and surface water management, pipeline design, wastewater treatment. This could be evidenced through university projects, dissertation topic or undergraduate placement/internship experience.
- Finally, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time you start employment.
Your application journey
There is no closing date on this vacancy. Recruitment is ongoing. We recommend applying as soon as possible as adverts may close if we have sufficient applicants.
Our graduate application process is as follows:
- Step 1 . Online Application
- Step 2 . Online Video Interview and Aptitude Tests
- Step 3 . Face to Face Interview
- Step 4 . Offer
We are an inclusive employer and want to ensure all our applicants have the same opportunity for success. Please inform us of any support or reasonable adjustment you may need as a result of a disability, long term health condition, neurodiversity or other personal circumstances, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process (for example extra assessment time, visual adjustment, special access request).
Please contact a member of our talent team if reasonable adjustments are required. Our email is Careers.UK&I@stantec.com and a member of our team will be happy to assist.