Graduate Landscape Architect Warrington 2024
Have you ever thought about joining a Graduate Development Programme where you are part of a global community of 26,000 driven, passionate, and smart professionals?
Our accredited Professional Development Programme sets the standard for training and progression. You’ll have a chance to grow and develop as a future leader and innovator at one of the world’s most sustainable corporations that is consistently at the forefront of planning, design and delivery of infrastructure and development in the UK.
Start your journey with us, a top tier global consultancy. Redefine your personal best.
Are you passionate about the role that Landscape Architecture has in addressing climate change? Do you want to work for one of the most sustainable companies in the world and across a wide variety of project types and sectors? Do you want a role which makes a difference to communities and the environment?
We’re looking for driven individuals who think differently and are ready to challenge conventional thinking to creatively respond to today’s environmental challenges.
We are registered with the Landscape Institute, and our team includes chartered landscape architects and associate members of the LI currently on their Pathway to Chartership.
Based in Warrington, you’ll get to work on a diverse range of projects across different sectors, including strategic land, regeneration, residential, commercial and mixed-use developments, renewable energy infrastructure, highways, water and wastewater schemes. We prepare landscape, townscape and visual assessments, pre-master planning advice, environmental mitigation designs, green infrastructure proposals and landscape designs.
As a Graduate Landscape Architect, you would work with our landscape architects. Your typical day to day tasks are varied, and would include:
- Undertaking site visits and visual surveys, taking photographs for reports and assessments and preparing H&S risk assessments
- Collection of background data for projects
- Preparation of supporting drawings, plans, sections and sketches
- Written input to appraisals, technical notes and landscape reports
- Work on all types of projects ranging from landscape planning and LVIAs to landscape design
- Collaboration with our other built environment disciplines on projects, including ecologists, engineers and planners.
- You will have recently completed, or be currently undertaking a postgraduate degree, diploma, or MA in Landscape Architecture. Year-out student candidates will have completed an undergraduate degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Strong writing, graphic and communication skills;
- You’ll have enthusiasm, commitment, be self-motivated and well-organised
- Ideally you’ll have a working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Office and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- GIS abilities, 3D modelling or Sketchup and hand drawn sketching skills will be an advantage.
- Ideally you’ll have a clean, full UK driving licence, as you may need to travel for project work.
In addition to submitting your CV and cover letter for this vacancy please submit your portfolio and/or examples of work
Your application journey
There is no closing date on this vacancy. Recruitment is ongoing. We recommend applying as soon as possible as adverts may close if we have sufficient applicants.
Our graduate application process is as follows:
- Step 1 . Online Application
- Step 2 . Online Video Interview and Aptitude Tests
- Step 3 . Face to Face Interview
- Step 4 . Offer
We are an inclusive employer and want to ensure all our applicants have the same opportunity for success. Please inform us of any support or reasonable adjustment you may need as a result of a disability, long term health condition, neurodiversity or other personal circumstances, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process (for example extra assessment time, visual adjustment, special access request).
Please contact a member of our talent team if reasonable adjustments are required. Our email is Careers.UK&I@stantec.com and a member of our team will be happy to assist.