Graduate Town Planner Southampton 2024
Have you ever thought about joining a Graduate Development Programme where you are part of a global community of 26,000 driven, passionate, and smart professionals?
Our accredited Professional Development Programme sets the standard for training and progression. You’ll have a chance to grow and develop as a future leader and innovator at one of the world’s most sustainable corporations that is consistently at the forefront of planning, design and delivery of infrastructure and development in the UK and Ireland.
Start your journey with us, a top tier global consultancy. Redefine your personal best.
This role is to be based in our legacy Barton Willmore Southampton office, which is made up of an established Town Planning team and has a friendly and busy atmosphere. You will work on a broad range of planning projects of all types and scales. The team provides invaluable advice to their clients and projects range from residential, mixed-use, commercial and employment through Development Plan promotion, planning applications and appeals.
You will join a supportive team environment with exciting career opportunities, have client exposure, enjoy outstanding professional development, and gain exposure to an innovative and exciting inter-disciplinary environment.
We believe that it is our people and their individual talents that make us special. We work within a friendly, inclusive, and supportive culture and one of high support and high challenge, where we are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities and are each individually encouraged to grow and flourish both personally and professionally, with genuine career opportunities based on merit. We create a working environment that offers flexibility, adopting a hybrid approach to agile working and offer a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, private health care and a flexi-benefits package allowing you to choose benefits that are truly valuable to you, including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
To have an impact in the role you will:
- Work collaboratively within your team and across the Graduate cohort
- Develop Planning technical knowledge and awareness of other Stantec disciplines and services
- Deliver a planning service on a range of applications
- Assist with the promotion of a range of development proposals
- Assist with the co-ordination of project teams and project management, helping project managers to complete their tasks in delivering projects to time and budget
- Assist with conducting research and site appraisals on projects for our client base
- Assist with the preparation of planning promotion documents and with the submission and negotiation of planning applications
- Assist with policy representations
- Provide planning appeal assistance
- Seek opportunities to grow your own network internally and externally
- Be proactive with your own development and engage with programme content
To succeed in the role, it is likely that you will:
- Have a relevant degree and an RTPI-accredited postgraduate qualification
- Have relevant industry experiences and good knowledge of Planning
- Be committed to continuing your professional development with a willingness to learn and progress
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be personable and professional with high levels of motivation, ambition and drive
- Have excellent team-working skills
- Be commercially minded and take on personal responsibility
- Be committed and have an eye for detail
- Have an ability to manage your own time and workload
- Be proficient with Microsoft packages
Our application process
There is no closing date on this vacancy. Recruitment is ongoing. We recommend applying as soon as possible as adverts may close if we have sufficient applicants.
Our graduate application process is as follows:
- Step 1 . Online Application
- Step 2 . Online Video Interview and Aptitude Tests
- Step 3 . Face to Face Interview
- Step 4 . Offer
For further details on our application process, please visit Graduate Application FAQ (stantec.com)
We are an inclusive employer and want to ensure all our applicants have the same opportunity for success. Please inform us of any support or reasonable adjustment you may need as a result of a disability, long term health condition, neurodiversity or other personal circumstances, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process (for example extra assessment time, visual adjustment, special access request).
Please contact a member of our talent team if reasonable adjustments are required. Our email is Careers.UK&I@stantec.com and a member of our team will be happy to assist.