Graduate Transport Planner Taunton 2024
Have you ever thought about joining a Graduate Development Programme where you are part of a global community of 26,000 driven, passionate and smart professionals?
Our accredited Professional Development Programme sets the standard for training and progression. You’ll have a chance to grow and develop as a future leader and innovator at one of the world’s most sustainable corporations that is consistently at the forefront of planning, design and delivery of infrastructure and development in the UK.
Start your journey with us, a top tier global consultancy. Redefine your personal best.
You will part of an experienced and supportive team based in Taunton where you will be involved in many exciting transport infrastructure projects. The team is heavily involved with working on community projects, more specifically, demonstrating how houses and developments are accessed via all forms of transportation. This is done by transport assessments and impact assessments, environmental impact assessments and travel plans. You will benefit from client exposure from an early stage, benefitting from outstanding professional development in an innovative and exciting multi-disciplinary community.
In this team, there is no such thing as a typical day. You will get involved in a range of projects which could involve anything from junction modelling, assessing the impact of traffic on junctions, promoting active travel, or even developing a transport strategy for a new town.
Assisting with technical input into a variety of projects, your duties could include:
- Preparing transport assessments.
- Reviewing and building transport models using various modelling tools.
- Using specialist software to analyse transport impacts of new developments.
- Assisting in conducting research and data collection for analysis.
- Liaising with third party suppliers.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports, presentations, bids and proposals.
- Attending meetings and workshops with clients and members of other disciplines.
You have a desire to learn and a passion for Transport Planning. You are excited to join Stantec and design the next great infrastructure project.
- You will have achieved or be on target to achieve an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering, Transport Planning, Geography, Statistics, Economics, Operational Research or equivalent subject.
- You will have relevant work experience gained through summer placements and internships or are able to demonstrate a genuine interest to work in Transport planning.
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time you start employment.
Your application journey
There is no closing date on this vacancy. Recruitment is ongoing. We recommend applying as soon as possible as adverts may close if we have sufficient applicants.
Our graduate application process is as follows:
- Step 1 . Online Application
- Step 2 . Online Video Interview and Aptitude Tests
- Step 3 . Face to Face Interview
- Step 4 . Offer
We are an inclusive employer and want to ensure all our applicants have the same opportunity for success. Please inform us of any support or reasonable adjustment you may need as a result of a disability, long term health condition, neurodiversity or other personal circumstances, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process (for example extra assessment time, visual adjustment, special access request).
Please contact a member of our talent team if reasonable adjustments are required. Our email is Careers.UK&I@stantec.com and a member of our team will be happy to assist.