Corporate Audit Internship 2021
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Associate Auditor, Corporate Audit
- The Associate Auditor is expected to become consistently proficient in applying audit skills in a relatively short time frame (6 months).
- The Associate Auditor will assist in the performance of audits, specifically focusing on fieldwork and testing the internal control environment of State Street Corporation, globally.
- The candidate should clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls, assess risks and in applying audit skills.
- The Associate Auditor will complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings in an automated workpaper program.
- The Associate Auditor will communicate audit progress and findings by preparing reports and providing information in meetings.
- The Associate Auditor will develop and write-up audit findings and make recommendations for review by the Senior Auditor and Audit Manager.
- The Associate Auditor will stays abreast of industry developments including but not limited to changes in industry regulations.
- As skills develop the Associate Auditor will be given increasing responsibilities to make independent decisions within the scope of the functional objective and audit assignment.
Associate Auditor Skills
- The candidate must be able to learn audit skills and techniques in a relatively short period of time.
- The Associate Auditor requires strong analytical skills, the ability to prioritize and must have solid time management skills.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to research industry regulations when necessary.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact with key stakeholders within State Street Corporation.
- The Associate Auditor must have the willingness to develop core competencies for financial services auditors and follow the guidelines established by Corporate Audit.
- The Associate Auditor will be expected to develop overall product knowledge and business unit knowledge of State Street Corporation over time.
Bachelor degree - undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Quantitative Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology with a strong academic background (2.1 or above).
- The candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have the willingness to develop core competencies in Audit.