Software Development Internship
The electronic Foreign Exchange (eFX) business within State Street Global Markets is looking for talented and high-performing interns to join our world class IT organization. As an intern software developer within a market leading business, you will work on enhancing electronic and algorithmic trading capabilities for State Street’s FX trading desks. You will play an important role in an already established team for delivering next generation of FX applications and expect to be involved in new development as well as re-engineering projects.
The successful candidate is expected to be hands on to develop an understanding of the business. You will work directly with users and analysts; develop to specifications; assist in coordinated testing and aid in the deployment and post deployment support of the solution developed. You will join a diverse team based in London, Hong Kong and Boston that leverages highly agile software development methodologies to deliver functionality in a rapid, incremental fashion.
State Street is committed to provide the tools, support and opportunities to help interns fulfil their personal and professional goals in a diverse, inclusive culture that encourages excellence and provides opportunities for leadership. This role will give you the opportunity to apply your skills and accelerate your career development.
The successful candidate will have:
- Graduate with (or tracking towards) a First Class or 2:1 Bachelor’s degree.
- Programming experience with Java (highly desirable).
- Strong analytical skills: The ability to face off directly to business to receive and analyze requirements, and propose a suitable solution that adheres to the team’s methodology.
- Communication skills: The ability to communicate at the right level with all parties involved, including senior management and business owners (who may be based in different locations and time-zones).
- Self-Starter: The ability to operate in a self-sufficient manner, but also identify the right time to raise queries or concerns.
- Ability to work within an agile environment, including flexibility and adaptability to operate successfully in such an environment.