Junior Production Merchandiser
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
In this role you will manage and execute the accurate buy placement and on time delivery of multi-product bulk through meticulous critical path and supplier management in line with key business objectives.
- Understand the requirements of the supplier manual and proactively instill ways of best practice into ways of working with the global supply base
- Be clear on the wider department’s key deliverables and how these translate into your POD’s priorities and expectations
- Understand category on time in full (OTIF) measures, and steps I need to take to drive improvement
- Create and maintain supplier critical paths ensuring all data is completed accurately and on time
- Analyse delay potential, negotiate dates with suppliers and escalate any significant risk to OTIF to the Lead Production Merchandiser
- Arrange and lead supplier meetings and conference calls regularly, discussing any risk to delivery, and sharing clear, concise meeting actions to all attendees
- Ensure our internal systems (Styleman, Siv and PLM) are all updated with the latest, most accurate information and track any delays with appropriate freight mode changes and communicate to suppliers
- Negotiate discounts, surcharges and air freight penalties with suppliers to achieve the best outcome for the business.
- Chase and monitor the sending of all production samples and work with Quality and Technical to prioritise their workload, de-risking any potential impact to OTIF
- Negotiate with suppliers on bulk shortages to ensure they are replenished or appropriate debits are applied
- Clearly communicate any ex-factory dates or surcharges outside of the permitted delivery windows or lead times to my Lead Production Merchandiser to review
- Place buys in a timely manner and negotiate handover dates and MOQ’s based on the business requirements outlined by my line manager
- Analyse and understand supplier capacities and ensure that the handover dates quoted to me are achievable/realistic and adhere to the capacity parameters set by the Global Production Manager
- Manipulate multiple production orders to phase deliveries sensibly
- Help to raise purchase orders within your category pod in line with agreed SLA’s
- Link key account sales orders to purchase orders and refer any issues to the wider business
- Issue suppliers with warehouse splits and ensure the supplier understands these changes.
- Ensure that suppliers submit correct documentation to support the organic cotton program and escalate to the Lead Production Merchandiser and Sustainability Manager when this is not being adhered to
- Update the Wholesale Sales Pack with relevant code/colour changes and update the wider business
- Ensure the supplier has made SIV bookings in a timely manner and ensure all bookings are approved on time
- Set-up your own reporting on SIV and analyse the data so this data can be utilised to report back to relevant stakeholders
- Chase the supplier to ensure that PO’s handover on time and imposed relevant penalties when this is not achieved
- Monitor the exceptions report and ensure all relevant lines are closed or re-timed on Styleman
- Run relevant PO checks to ensure prices, accounts and warehouses are correct and confirmed
- Provide support to the Production Administrator’s and ensured they are clear on the priorities set by the Lead Production Merchandiser
- Take on projects that mould process alignment and system optimisation outside of my day to day role
The Ideal Candidate
- Someone who possesses strong skills in; organisation, prioritisation, time management, communication and relationship building
- Able to cope with the pressures of working in a fast-paced environment
- Accountable for your own category area
- Numerical and analytical
- Someone who can work independently and as part of a team
- A good communicator with an enthusiastic and engaging manner
- A solution focused problem solver
- Someone with a clear understanding of the production process and the critical path of a garment from production to arriving in store
- Commercial acumen and understanding of our customers’ needs
- Experienced using Microsoft Office – intermediate to advance Excel preferable
- Educated to degree level, a fashion related degree preferred
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.