Associate Software Engineer
As a leading asset management firm T. Rowe Price prides itself in powering its business with best of breed technology and bringing together the brightest engineering minds to deliver this. Join us on our exciting journey as we build our cloud-first, data-driven and scalable software.
Our engineers develop serverless processes in the cloud that handle vast amounts of data to produce analytics that are visualized in mobile and browser-based applications and used by the business in locations around the world. The teams make use of cutting-edge cloud-based dev-ops to remain agile and responsive to changing business requirements. Successful candidates who join as Associate Software Engineers will be involved in all aspects of software development - working directly with business users, being part of the architecture design and hands-on in implementing the solutions with agile working practices.
We look for bright, enthusiastic, and hard-working engineers with a solid foundation in computer science and an eagerness to learn. In return we will provide a flexible working environment with an emphasis on good work-life balance. This is complemented with skilled team members and challenging problems to solve while helping you grow your software engineering expertise and business knowledge of asset management.
The candidate will design, develop, adapt and implement tactical and strategic solutions to deliver technology needs through new and existing applications, systems, databases and infrastructure. Reviews and interprets system requirements and business processes. Design, implements, tests and debugs software solutions. Build industry knowledge to support the software development activities and understand the work of the team.
We’re seeking dedicated software engineers to help build the next generation of platforms and applications. If you are looking to design cloud-based architectures, deliver impactful user experiences across the web and mobile devices, and learn about the finance industry along the way, then we want you! This is a chance to create an impact on our business as a part of a broader technology transformation and gain experience in cloud-based solutions, data architecture, and business solution architecture!
Role summary and job responsibilities
- You will support all parts of the software development process; e.g., design, development and testing under the mentorship of colleagues
- Recommend technical solutions based on partnership with our senior engineers
- Conduct automated testing with cutting edge tools
- Identify technical debt and recommend solutions for remediation
- Work with existing data models and schemas and design new ones when required
- Demonstrates strong logic and reasoning capabilities to tackle interesting and challenging business requirements
- Deliver on well-specified work items
- Use questions and proposals to clarify requirements when unclear
Areas of Interest
- Mobile Application Development (iOS/Swift, Android/Java, Apple Testflight, Google Firebase)
- Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services: Development and Operations, Systems Administration, App Support)
- Operating Systems (Windows/Linux)
- Recent graduate, or due to graduate summer 2021
- Degree in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering or STEM related field
- Strong academic achievement — 2:1 (or equivalent) degree
- Awareness of relevant and modern software methodologies (e.g., Scrum) and understands their role as part of software delivery team
- Able to demonstrate competence in at least one programming language or technology
- Proficient in Java, Python or C++
- Inital application form
- Online testing (software engineering, numerical reasoning & critical thinking
- Video interview
- Interviews and testing with T. Rowe Price
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre.
For more information and guidance please visit: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/ask-for-adjustments-at-interview