Associate Software Engineer
For 80 years, T. Rowe Price has changed the investment management industry by delivering world-class service and guidance to individuals and institutions around the globe. Our shared values enable us to create a dynamic workplace that cultivates high achievement from diverse professionals in a variety of disciplines. Built on a tradition of integrity, we are committed to our clients and employees and focused on sustained growth and success.
We’re seeking dedicated software engineers to help build the next generation of platforms and applications. If you are interested in creating modern cloud native applications that deliver impactful user experiences across the web and mobile devices. Then we would like to meet you!
This program blends on the-job experience with projects, hackathons, and learning/social events. The program is non-rotational with direct placement into a functional area based on your skillset and business unit needs. The program will focus on the pillars of education, exposure, experience, and engagement. These programmatic elements include customized learning curriculum, exposure to senior leadership, community service projects, assigned mentors, and social activities.
Role Summary & Job Responsibilities:
You will be placed within a specific department within Global Technology. As an Associate Software Engineer you will:
- Collaborate with our existing engineers to learn while delivering significant business value
- Support part of the software development process: Design, develop, modify, adapt and implement short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems, databases and applications infrastructure
- Review and solicit system requirements
- Learn and apply modern testing techniques
- Build industry knowledge to support the software development activities and understand the work of the team.
Areas of Interest:
- Mobile Application Development (iOS/Swift, Android/Java, Apple Testflight, Google Firebase)
- Cloud Computing (AWS cloud, using modern services such as EMR, Fargate, Glue, K8S, Kendra and more)
- Machine learning & Data science
- Full time student with an expected graduation date of May/June 2022.
- Strong academic achievement — 2:1 (or equivalent) degree
- STEM based degree
- Curious mind, who seeks feedback and mentorship in order to improve technical skills
- Interest in technology, has taken interest to learn and develop some technical skills
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
- Written application
- Short coding challenge
- Assessment Centre (mid-February 2022)
T. Rowe Price is committed to providing our associates with a comprehensive total rewards benefit program, including wellness, retirement and quality-of-life benefits. Please view What We Offer to see what's available to you.
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre. For more information and guidance please visit here.