Equity Research Investment Internship - Summer 2022
What do you get as a T. Rowe Price Equity Research Investment intern? In addition to your summer project, their programme is designed to enhance your overall experience by exposing you to the organisation and culture. Benefits of an internship at T Rowe Price includes:
Experience: Over the course of the internship you will gain valuable insight into their investment process by being immersed in the day-to-day workings of their team.
Networking: The 8-week programme will offer you an exciting opportunity to work with and support senior investment professionals.
Research: The internship will typically incorporate a special research project that will last the duration of the internship.
Input: This project will allow you to evaluate and assimilate large quantities of information into concise, impactful insights that would have investment relevance to T Rowe Price’s specific strategies.
Exposure: You will gain broad exposure to their investors and managers across the company to deepen your understanding of the unique culture and approach to investment management.
Opportunity: The ultimate goal with the internship at T. Rowe Price is to evaluate your potential to return after graduation for a full-time associate analyst position. Equity Research Associate Analysts support both Portfolio Managers and Analysts in their Investment decisions. The position involves attending company meetings, forecasting profits & cash flow as well as valuing businesses.
T. Rowe Price wants to hear from interested candidates from a variety of backgrounds, however outlined below are some of the typical attributes that they look for in their graduate interns:
- Strong academic achievement — 2:1 (or equivalent) degree
- Penultimate year students, due to graduate in the summer of 2023
- Available to complete the internship in the summer of 2022, and for a potential graduate programme in September 2023
- Interest in the world of investing
- Inquisitive, logical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Competitive nature and strong resilience to setbacks
- Motivated self-starter who embraces uncertainty and approaches new situations positively
- Comfortable both collaborating across large and diverse teams and working independently
- Admirable communication skills (verbal and written)
- A background and/or strong interest in finance and accounting would be helpful, although it is not essential
- Buddy/mentoring support
- Opportunity to secure full time graduate role
- Monthly social activity
- Training including:
- Excel fundamentals
- Accounting boot-camp
- Integrated financial model standards
- Valuation fundamentals
- Capital markets fundamentals
There are five stages to the T. Rowe Price internship recruitment process as follows:
- Online application
- Numerical reasoning test
- Video interview
- Telephone interview
- Assessment centre (10th November)
You will know within 7 working days whether you have been successful at each stage. You will know within 2 working days whether you were successful at the assessment centre on 10th November 2021.
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre. For more information and guidance please visit here.