Customer Experience Specialist
Our customers are at the heart of every decision we make at tails.com. Join us as a Customer Experience Specialist and you’ll have a chance to make a real positive impact on the lives of dogs and their owners. It’s customer service with a difference. 🐶
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for every dog we serve based on their individual characteristics and preferences. So they get exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to your door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. We’ve created an entirely new category in pet food and we’re scaling fast in the UK and Europe. We’re backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals, and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
The role: listen, solve, care
Our whole business is built around phenomenal customer service. Listening closely, solving problems, and making decisions that show our customers (and their dogs) just how much we care is a core part of this job.
We’re empathetic, curious, and love talking about all things dogs. We’re at the heart of the company and make sure we’re keeping true to our purpose – to improve the lives of dogs and their owners by giving the very best customer service.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Resolve customer questions via email and phone efficiently, and with great quality service.
- Actively listen to customer queries in order to provide them with the best resolution possible.
- Communicate clearly and sensitively in a way that colleagues and customers understand
- Take ownership of customer problems and technical issues from start to finish
- Make appropriate product recommendations to customers to provide top-level service, while positively impacting business metrics.
- Play a vital part in improving our processes and customer service by picking up trends in customers’ questions and sharing insights cross functionally.
- Actively seek and welcome advice from peers and managers. Treat feedback as an opportunity and make a continued effort to improve
- Live up to our brand values and own your personal development with enthusiasm.
The skills you’ll bring:
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Proven success within a customer service or customer support team (transferable skills considered)
- Able to work effectively to productivity and quality targets.
- Problem solver with attention to detail and well organised.
- Excellent communicator: clear, warm and credible.
- Strong team player.
- Positive and open to change.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, and learn quickly.
We're currently looking for pack members who can cover the following shift patterns:
- Full time roles with a Monday to Friday working patterns
- We’re also able to offer more flexible working patterns - just let us know your preference when you apply
Your first 4 weeks will be Monday - Friday, to benefit from our training program
Salaries for in-house roles are £23,000 and £21,000 for remote roles. Both roles include a share award package, too.
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer.
We want to give everyone a fair chance. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com. As part of this commitment, we’ll be conducting blind assessments throughout the early recruitment stages to reduce unconscious bias impact and to provide equal opportunities for all applicants.
During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. If you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.
Our Recruitment Process
- We’ll review your application questions, cover letter and CV, to get a good understanding of who you are and why tails.com would be a good fit for you
- If successful, we’ll invite you to a phone interview with one of our team, and you’ll be asked to complete a timed written task
- The next stage is a virtual assessment centre where you’ll learn more about tails.com, have a group task and a 1:1 interview with one of our Team Leads
- The final stage is to meet one of our Senior team for a final half hour chat
Please feel free to ask as many questions as needed throughout the process to make sure tails.com is right for you, too.
What's in it for you?
You’ll get a competitive salary, reviewed annually, and will be a shareholder in tails.com from day one.
We’re proud to be on a high growth trajectory and offer the chance to work in an environment and with a team that will constantly challenge, support and develop you.
You’ll start on 25 days of holiday, which increases over time, as well as optional unpaid leave and a paid volunteer day each year. For expectant parents, we have extended maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption pay.
* We have roles available that will be remote and office based when we return post COVID-19, with our hybrid working approach in place *