Customer Experience Specialist UK
* We have roles available that will be either permanently remote, or office based when we return post COVID-19 measures *
Our customers are at the heart of every decision we make at tails.com. Join us as a Customer Experience Specialist and you’ll have a chance to make a real positive impact on the lives of dogs and their owners. Want to know more about the role? Keep reading 🐶
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for every dog we serve based on their individual characteristics and preferences. So they get exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to your door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. We’ve created an entirely new category in pet food and we’re scaling fast in the UK and Europe. We’re backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals, and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
The role: listen, solve, care
Our whole business is built around phenomenal service, so listening closely, solving problems, and making decisions that show our customers (and their dogs) just how much we care is a core part of this role.
We’re empathetic, curious, and love talking about all things dogs. We’re at the heart of the company and make sure we’re keeping true to our purpose – to improve the lives of dogs and their owners.
Want to join our team? Here’s what we’re looking for.
The things you’ll do:
- Resolve customer questions via email and phone in a considerate and timely manner.
- Actively listen to customer queries in order to provide them with the best resolution possible.
- Communicate clearly and sensitively in a way that colleagues and customers understand.
- Take ownership of customer problems and technical issues from start to finish.
- Play a vital part in improving our processes and customer experience by picking up trends in customers’ questions and sharing these through our feedback loops.
- Actively seek and welcome advice from peers and managers. Treat feedback as an opportunity and make a continued effort to improve.
- Live up to our brand values and own your personal development with enthusiasm.
* We're currently looking for employees who can cover the following shift patterns *
- Full-time: Monday - Friday, based in-house
- Salaries for remote roles are £21,000 base + share award (remote candidates must be UK based)
- Salaries for in-house roles are £23,000 base + share award
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer.
We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.
During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.
The skills & behaviours you’ll bring:
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Proven success within customer support (transferable skills considered).
- Able to work effectively and hit company targets.
- Problem solver & attention to detail.
- Fast learner and organised.
- Excellent communicator: clear, warm and credible.
- Strong team player.
- Positive and open to change.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
What's in it for you?
You’ll get a competitive salary, reviewed annually, and from day one will be a shareholder in tails.com.
We’re proud to be on a high growth trajectory and offer the chance to work in an environment and with a team that will constantly challenge, support and develop you.
You’ll start on 25 days of holiday which will increase in the time you’re with us. On top of this, we offer optional unpaid leave and a paid volunteer day each year.
For expectant parents, we have extended maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption pay.
We have shed loads of other great benefits, visit our careers page for more info.