Operations Development Scheme Specialist
Start your career in Operations with tails.com. Our rotational scheme is is designed to give you an introduction to all aspects of Operations, allowing you to try different roles at the heart of our business.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world's largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Our Operations Development scheme is designed to give you an introduction to all aspects of Operations at tails.com as you start your career; think of it like a graduate rotation scheme (but there's no need to be a graduate). You’ll gain diverse experience across a range of disciplines that sit at the heart of our business, such as:
- Distribution - Getting our products to customers on time and in perfect condition
- Food - Delivering a product range that is innovative for pets and their owners
- Innovation & Engineering - Develop concepts and deliver projects so we meet our growth
- Planning - Ensuring we have the right stock, at the right time, in the right quantities
- Procurement - Working with our suppliers to help them exceed our service standards
- Quality - Making sure all of our products exceed our brand promise to customers
- Shift Leader - Managing our Production team to get kibbles mixed and shipped!
You’ll have 3 month rotations across a combination of these departments, working on projects or initiatives designed to change the world of pet food for good.
Here are the main things we're looking for
- A degree isn’t essential - a demonstrable interest in a career within Operations is
- Analytical, inquisitive and results focussed
- A confident written and verbal communicator
- Willing and able to be based at our Heathrow factory, with time spent at our Richmond Head Office from time to time
- Legally entitled to work in the UK on a full time basis
Bonus points if you’ve:
- Familiarity with any of SQL, Python, Tableau, Excel
- Any professional level competency with European languages (ideally French or German)
On top of all this, you’ll share the same ambition and entrepreneurial spark that makes tails.com a brilliant place to work.
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer.
We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.
During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.
Our Recruitment Process
- We’ll review your application questions, cover letter and CV, to get a good understanding of who you are and why tails.com would be a good fit for you. Make sure you take the time to tell us why you're interested.
- If successful, we’ll invite you to a video interview with a couple of people from our Operations team to chat about things in a little more detail
- The next stage is a half day, virtual assessment centre where you’ll learn more about tails.com, have a group task, a 1:1 interview and a technical task. We'll give you plenty of notice and an idea of what to expect, and it'll be a great opportunity to learn more about tails.com
- Finally, you'll meet one of our Senior team from Operations for a final half hour chat
Please feel free to ask as many questions as needed throughout the process to make sure tails.com is right for you, too.
What's in it for you?
You’ll get a competitive salary, reviewed annually, and from day one will be a shareholder in tails.com.
We’re proud to be on a high growth trajectory and offer the chance to work in an environment and with a team that will constantly challenge, support and develop you.
You’ll start on 25 days of holiday which will increase in the time you’re with us. On top of this, we offer optional unpaid leave and a paid volunteer day each year.
For expectant parents, we have extended maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption pay.