Planning Coordinator 2021
We're tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog's unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It's clever stuff.
Now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK, we’re looking for a Planning Coordinator to join our Supply Chain team. Join, and you’ll be right at the heart of a business that’s changing the world of pet food.
Together, we'll change the world of pet food for good.
People. Process. Planning.
That's what supply and procurement at tails.com is all about. People first – because it takes good people to build the kind of long-term, trusted partnerships with suppliers that we do, and it takes great people to create and deliver an exceptional product.
Process, because we can only do what we do by being able to see how the whole system – physical product, digital product, and personal service – fits together. Then we make these complex processes as simple and streamlined as possible. So our team are pattern-spotters, insight-hunters, and change-makers; people ready to be flexible, adaptable, and help us improve in everything we do.
And planning, because we're here to see as much of the future as we can - to make sure we have enough food for the dogs we serve. We've been data-driven from day one, finding new and better ways to draw the insights that help us plan for next week, next year, or five years from now.
Sound like a team you want to join? Here's how you'll make a difference:
As Planning Coordinator you will support the Planning Specialists as we work hard to deliver the ambitious growth plans at Tails. You will ensure that all the movements of materials within our operation are correctly reported in the system and match our physical quantities. You will understand the supply planning process to support our Planning Specialists in their forecasting and reporting activities, introduce new processes to streamline cross-category activities such as supplier performance reporting, marketing requests, and coordinating QC rejected material returns to the suppliers.
Here are the essentials we're looking for:
- A growth mindset, with a desire to learn and stretch out of your comfort zone
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Proactive, problem solving and good at building relationships
- A team player with excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English
Bonus Points if you have:
- CIPS Qualification
- Natural interest for Supply Chain and Planning roles
- Familiarity with Tableau Server
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer.
We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.
During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.
What's in it for you?
- You’ll get a competitive salary, reviewed annually, and from day one will be a shareholder in tails.com.
- We’re proud to be on a high growth trajectory and offer the chance to work in an environment and with a team that will constantly challenge, support and develop you.
- You’ll start on 25 days of holiday which will increase in the time you’re with us. On top of this, we offer optional unpaid leave and a paid volunteer day each year.
- For expectant parents, we have extended maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption pay.