Mechanical Engineering Graduate 2022
As part of the Cement, Lime & Packed division of Tarmac you will play an important role in keeping UK infrastructure moving, contributing towards the successful production cementitious products. An exciting role where you can see the outputs of your hard work all around you (quite literally!)
Working in our highly skilled Engineering function, a typical day as a Mechanical Engineering Graduate may include:-
- Participation in our graduate scheme to prepare you for your future at Tarmac. Guiding you to make decisions to deliver business impact, present powerfully, communicate effectively and many more key skills. You will also have lots of networking opportunities with your peer group and key stakeholders across the business.
- Learn your craft, gaining a detailed understanding of cement manufacture and production via a dedicated international technical programme. This video gives you a flavour of what to expect: Tarmac ITP
- Plenty of chance for some hands-on experience on site, where you can make your mark and become a vital part of the team, actively participating in breakdowns and planned maintenance work on our equipment and assets.
- Gain knowledge, understanding and practical application of all safety policies, procedures and practices and be active in leading and driving safety standards and improvements.
- Involvement in root cause failure analysis to understand the associated costs and business impacts resulting from plant un-planned downtime.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the integration of new systems into our plant operations.
- Playing a key role in important projects to help improve the way we work and deliver added value.
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed!
The ideal candidate
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds and prior experience isn’t always necessary for success. This following transferable skills and qualifications are beneficial in this role:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Communication skills.
- Organisation skills.
- Analytical skills
- Team work
- Adaptability & Problem solving.
- Enthusiastic about starting a career in the building materials industry!
- Passionate about working safely.
- Motivated and loves a challenge.
- A team player.
- Willing to learn and develop.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.