Junior Programme Manager Chorley 2021
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external network providers. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high quality cost-effective services.
You don’t need to have worked in a similar industry, but if you have experience of analysing volumes of data, using that information to make things happen, and can deal with multiple customers then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for someone who can bring something new to our team, so if you have previously worked in a high volume scheduling environment or delivered multi-activity work in a construction/facilities field or similar, then we will train you in telecoms – it’s our shared learning that makes us the best!
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate alongside lots of support and mentoring – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills online.
Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, you will establish short and long-term programme objectives and ensure our field teams are optimised for efficiency and productivity. You will be responsible for creating dynamic programmes of work, monitoring progress and creating reports for senior managers and clients. When you are ready you will progress to a Programme Manager, with ownership and accountability for the performance of your own team within an area.
This role is all about the agility to adapt and be flexible to new demands and priorities and to smooth any peaks in demand into an optimised programme of works. This role is agile and home based, and although not based in one office, will require the successful candidate to travel as required to locations across the UK; a company car will be provided as part of the package.
- Develops regular programmes and schedules(daily/weekly/monthly) across an area, region or product.
- Creates and implements guidelines for evaluating the programme's strengths and areas where improvement is required.
- Accountable for all pre-works activities in supporting the end to end process.
- Assigns tasks to team members to ensure project and programme objectives are completed as required.
- Resolves problems and ensures delivery through others.
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities and apply change, risk and resource management.
- Monitors performance and reports this in regular meetings with stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills – this role is all about engagement with others.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel and Qlikview would be desirable but not essential.
- Have experience of managing multiple functions or dynamic scheduling tools.
- Able to build and maintain key relationships.
- Management of key business projects and processes.
Excellent employee benefits
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.