Sales Development Programme 2021
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Bad Boy®, TUG™ and Douglas™ brands; Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training.
Textron Specialized Vehicles are seeking individuals with a keen interest in Sales to join their Sales Development Programme. The Sales Development Programme is designed to create an accelerated path for entry-level talent to pursue future roles as accomplished sales professionals, successful managers, and key operations personnel. Participants will complete a 12-month program that includes immersive learning experiences within our business, gaining knowledge and skills through classroom training, professional development, and on-the-job experience in the field (including visits with customers and vendors). You will rotate through functions including: Sales Operations, Customer Service, and Business Operations.
You should thrive on challenge and a changing environment, while demanding continuous learning in a competitive, fast-paced setting. During the programme, you can expect coaching and feedback from your mentors, managers, and sales professionals.
After successful completion of the programme, you will be empowered to grow TSV’s business by introducing new products and cultivating new customer relationships. You will have the opportunity to pursue roles within the Company, including (but not limited to): Account Management, Corporate Accounts, Product Management, Marketing, and Territory Sales. The experience/skills you will have gained include: sales methodologies, market analysis, customer relationships, product knowledge, proposal creation, leadership skills, project management experience.
- Assisting the Territory Sales Managers in the field with their existing customer base by attending visits;
- Cultivating relationships with internal customers to create synergy and support in the business;
- Researching new business opportunities and sales leads driven by the market;
- Analysing the current market and offer recommendations to the business to get ahead of the competition;
- Acquiring knowledge on all Textron Specialized Vehicles products, as well as the competing products;
- Regularly reporting out to leadership on project progress;
- Learning inside and outside sales techniques;
- Completing and participating in cross-functional assignments as needed.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a Business/Sales/Marketing/Finance/ Economics or similar field;
- Confident in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and challenging environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Action oriented and seizes opportunities;
- Able to deal with ambiguity;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Builds and maintains constructive relationships;
- Willingness to travel.