Junior Laboratory Technician 2021
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Laboratory Technician (Scientific Support Officer) in the Analytical Development Laboratory at Patheon supports the activities of the Analytical Development group. All activities must conform to Company and/or Client and/or requisite official regulatory and/or legal requirements. The incumbent is a semi-skilled technician, working under regular supervision to meet defined objectives, who understands and demonstrates the ability to meet the competencies associated with the job grade.
- Ensure that the laboratory functions smoothly, through the provision of diverse services (e.g. ordering, stock control, calibration, washing of glassware, assistance with practical work etc).
- To ensure that equipment/instrumentation is maintained, and that laboratory records/documentation comply with cGMP’s.
- Performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP’s and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- To be a member of team(s), as appropriate, to assist in ensuring the successful completion of tasks within the agreed timeframes.
- To communicate effectively internally (Patheon).
- To work in compliance with Company and Regulatory requirements, and to ensure that proprietary information is always protected.
- Satisfactorily completes all cGMP and safety training in conformance with Departmental and Site requirements.
- Works in a safe and considerate manner in the laboratory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understand emergency procedures and comply with safe systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with environment, health and safety rules, signage and instructions always.
- Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.
- Educated to A-Level or hold a HND/HNC in a chemistry related subject.
- Good analytical thinking dynamic, pro-active approach to the workload.
- Good planning skills with the ability to work to critical timelines.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.