Quality Compliance Digital Technology Internship 2021
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Quality Compliance team is currently implementing a variety of digital solutions across the site to support a wide variety of applications. This includes use of HoloLens & 360° camera for remote audits and remote assist solutions as well as AR/ VR training modules, DocuSign for remote approval of documents and use of Matterport scanning to map the site.
This innovative technology will be used in all aspects of manufacturing and QC activities, helping to train operators rapidly and proficiently to fulfil their roles, enabling us to efficiently bring innovative and life-changing medicines to patients.
- Working closely with the site Digital Specialist to create, train and manage AR/ VR training modules and guides:
- Creating user guides & training users in use of HoloLens & VR technologies
- Creation of practical training modules in AR/VR platforms
- Other tasks supporting the digital technology implementation to Swindon.
- Currently studying computer studies including the practical applications of AR/ VR type technologies to industry
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work methodically and logically
- Ability to maintain attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn and follow processes
- Good communication skills – for example asking questions
- Ability to work in a team
- Comfortable working in a professional environment