Sales Internship 2022
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals!
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an upbeat, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be encouraged to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of an outstanding team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work and support teams that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo Fisher’s work is carried out by dedicated professionals who want to make a difference. We have many opportunities to offer!
Summary of Internship
Internship positions provide an opportunity for business, engineering and science students to get hands on experience in a marketing and sales environment.
Internship opportunities may include:
- Sales Operations
- Sales Development
- Sales Support
- Effective project management adhering to established timelines.
- Maintain PowerBI, SFDC and provide reporting support for the system and users.
- Develop automated data loads and schedules to ensure timeliness of information.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and compile data for various performance metrics.
- Maintain and supervise data accuracy.
- Establish measurements and targets based on historic and forecasted data.
- Support the execution and data integrity of strategic projects.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a related engineering, science or life science field
- Preferred majors: Business Management, Business Marketing, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or other related major
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in Marketing or Sales
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Outstanding customer focus
- Desire to guide other engineers and scientist about technology in area of expertise
- Previous industrial experience is helpful
- Experience with handling databases and SQL/SOQL is plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM and the Microsoft PowerBI system is preferred
- Aptitude for working with hands and having experience using hand-tools may be beneficial
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.