Information Technology Graduate 2021
How does becoming a lead innovator working with cutting-edge technology sound?
Who Is TJX Europe?
If you haven’t heard of us, you’ve probably visited one of our TK Maxx or Homesense stores. We’re part of the world’s leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer – TJX Companies, Inc. We have an annual global turnover of over $39bn and our business is growing.
IT underpins everything we do at TJX Europe. It provides the technological solutions that help us deliver outstanding value and fuels our growth.
The IT Technical Graduate Programme
As one of our IT technical graduates, you’ll collaborate with colleagues from different areas of the business to gain a wealth of technical expertise and business knowledge.
With the support and guidance of experienced colleagues, you’ll be making use of your engineering mindset and will have real responsibility from the start - fixing live issues, building automated tests or even developing new features, all while making use of Agile working practices.
As part of our comprehensive induction you’ll learn tons about new tech, but you’ll never lose sight of the bigger picture! You’ll visit Stores, understand how our Processing Centres operate and work with colleagues who use your team’s products, every day. Once you’re up and running in your technical role, your responsibilities can grow.
On completion of the two-year programme, you’ll be equipped with key skills and an understanding of how technology plays a vital part in our success and in making our business unique, with opportunities to move onwards and upwards in a role that’s right for you.
Skills You Need
- Computer Science or a related STEM degree
- Or related Science/Technology/Engineering/Maths/degree with relevant practical experience
- A fascination for how technology drives business and enhances customer experience
- Curiosity for identifying better ways of doing things and challenging the status quo
- A truly collaborative mindset
- It doesn’t matter whether your forte is Python, HTML, mobile development, ERP apps, database tech, information security, networking or anything else. What’s critical is that you have a solid understanding of technology and a passion for using it to make a real difference.