Data and BI Graduate 2021
We're Together, proud to be a Financial Services success story based in Cheadle (South Manchester) established for over 46 years. Our team is continuing to grow, and we are delighted to be ranked in the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For 2018 and 2019.
As Data Science soars in growth and popularity and the amount of data we produce increases daily, organisations are realising the true impact, value and risk of data. To satisfy demands of greater scrutiny and regulations, organisations are expected to ensure consistent quality, integrity and usability of their data and having a sound data plan and data governance strategy is not only important but urgent.
As a Data & BI graduate, you will be supporting all initiatives in delivering Together’s Data Strategy. You will get exposure and training across Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Architecture and Business Intelligence.
In order to be successful you will have a keen eye for detail, an enthusiasm for governing and managing data and a determination and resilience to drive improvements are key traits. You will also be expected to build your understanding of our products and systems and to build strong relationships with the stakeholders across the business.
Our selection process consists of a virtual Assessment Centre and a face to face interview / social evening (subject to social distancing procedures)
What we are looking for
- Minimum achievement or expectation of a 2:2 degree in data analytics/ computer science/ maths/ statistics/engineering/sciences related discipline. (You will have graduated in 2020 or are due to complete in 2021);
- Knowledge of Advanced Excel and VBA would be very beneficial as will
- Exposure to SQL or R is desirable but not mandatory. However, it is important that you can evidence that you have learnt coding in any of the major program languages.
- Use of data visualisation tools such as Power BI or Tableau is desirable but not mandatory. Training will be provided.
- An interest and enthusiasm to work in the Financial Services industry;
- Able to commute to Cheadle on a daily basis;
- The drive and passion to succeed in an ambitious business;
- A problem solving approach and a keen desire to lean new tools and technologies;
- You will often present your ideas to the senior management so excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the confidence to engage with senior managers are vital.
What our programme offers you:
- Exposure to lots of meaningful business projects and departments to give you a rounded understanding of the Financial Services industry and our business (this will depend on the needs of the business at the time);
- Graduate team projects, giving you the chance to have a real impact on our business and on the wider community;
- Industry recognised qualifications to support you with your career in financial services;
- A competitive salary with annual review and bonus potential, as well as access to our industry leading long term incentive plan, Together Shared Rewards;
- A range of employee benefits including 24 days holiday, your Birthday off, access to a local gym, pension, health care and so much more!