Technology and Project Management Intern
About the job
The vacancy lies within the TP ICAP Parameta Solutions division which is responsible for the dissemination, packaging and sales of wholesale market data derived from the firms’ broking activities to the financial community including information vendors, specialist suppliers and investment banks.
Summer Intern – Technology & Project Management x3 headcount
Primary Job duties:
- Shadow Data Science and Data Engineering Teams
- Work on Data manipulation projects
- Assist Data Engineers on day to day tasks
- Assist Data Scientists on day to day tasks
- Expected to work on a mini data project managing approach and execution independently
- Communication with stakeholders whilst understanding business outcome
- Take project minutes and actions
- Create tracking templates in Confluence
- Shadow Project Managers
- Create data flow diagrams
- Create management packs containing charting and presentation of KPI’s
- Issue & Audit Point tracking
Ensure that you understand the risks and controls on your department; what could go wrong, what controls you have to prevent/detect or contain these.
All staff have defined risk management responsibilities. The Group imposes additional responsibilities on line-managers and senior managers. It is critical that all staff discharge their risk management responsibilities when undertaking their role. Specific responsibilities are incorporated into employee objectives, and your performance against these objectives will be assessed as part of the firm’s performance management process. You will also be required to confirm that you have discharged your risk management responsibilities through the annual risk management attestation process.
Skills & Experience
- Studying Maths or Computer Science related degree
- Articulate and confident communication style, able to represent firm with external communication
- Proactive and able to work independently, with excellent communication skills and rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to cope well in a fast-paced environment and work calmly under pressure
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment, and handle confidential information
- Previous experience within an office environment
- Knowledge of Python and Cloud based technologies
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and analysing large amounts of data within pivot tables etc.