Business Strategy & Change Graduate Programme 2021
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Insurance is evolving and the way we do business is changing too. We are looking for a talented graduate to help us shape the future of our industry and our organisation.
Our ‘Future of Speciality’ change program is investing in the capability and operating model for our Lloyds and London Market lines of business and this graduate opportunity will see you working at the heart of this programme of change.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
By joining this graduate programme, you will be exposed to and involved in the activity needed for the successful execution of Travelers’ ‘Future of Speciality’ business strategy.
Working with the Assistant Vice President for Business Insurance Integration and Engagement you will gain real experience of life in the insurance industry with the responsibility and complexity of your duties growing over the two years as you develop.
In this programme you will be responsible for:
- Gathering and analysing information, formulating and testing hypotheses to address business problems and developing and communicating recommendations.
- Engaging with many experts across underwriting, claim, actuarial and finance to solve difficult problems.
- Presenting results to management and implementing recommendations in collaboration with other team members.
We will provide you with the technical knowledge and personal development you need to succeed in the form of work-based assignments and structured learning. We will also provide financial support for your professional insurance qualification, which you will be expected to study for whilst on the programme.
Our programme provides you with the opportunity to explore a career in business strategy and change as well as gaining a broader understanding of Travelers as an organisation and the insurance industry. You will also have the opportunity to spend time in our Head Office and Claims University, based in the U.S.
- Minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in one of the following subjects: Economics, Mathematics, Engineering , Insurance, Physics or Chemistry.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
Along with a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in the following subjects: Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Insurance, Physics or Chemistry, you will have strong analytical and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). You will be able to present effectively in front of others and have the desire to build relationships across the business.
Importantly you will also live our values. You will be:
- Committed: you’ll stick to your promises, take pride in your work and focus on what matters, you’ll be committed to being a trusted partner.
- Connected: You’ll work easily and naturally with others, be able to foster meaningful partnerships and stay on top of things.
- Creative: you’ll ask ‘why?’ and strive to think differently, take inspiration from anywhere, you’ll ask questions and not be afraid to challenge conventional thinking.
- Energised: you’re enthusiastic, positive and open minded, you’ll look for better ways of doing things and take the initiative, and you’ll share, champion and help drive your colleagues.
Travelers is an equal opportunities employer and strives to create a culture of inclusion and mutual respect. We are proud to have achieved The Clear Company’s Clear Assured standard for inclusive hiring best practice. For candidates invited to attend one of our assessment days, we use a range of assessments hosted by a diverse group of assessors to give you the best opportunity to demonstrate your talents.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences. If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you. Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.