Commercial Operations Placement Langley 2024
Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is the brains behind lots of your travel bookings. Plane, car or hotel. You name it, we do it. Our technology is used to book that magical family holiday, infamous bachelorette party or long overdue school reunion. While we can't solve mosquito bites or lost luggage, we can simplify a lot of the technical parts of travel, and we're looking for the best thinkers to help us do it.
Annually, we run a 13-month (July – July) internship program comprised of four pillars: The Job, Corporate Social Responsibility, Learning and Development, and ‘Internpreneurship’ (see what we did there?) Our internships are for students seeking a placement year for their third year of their undergraduate degree.
We offer ambitious students like you the opportunity to participate in an immersive and rewarding internship like no other. Because at Travelport, you’ll get the chance to apply your skills and offer solutions to projects that truly matter!
- A global team: Work with teams across the globe; @ Travelport, the world is your oyster.
- Work flexibility: We’re not gymnasts but we’re pretty flexible and hybrid working is the norm.
- Career growth: Our collaborative work culture means you will never be bored offering you lots of opportunities for learning and upskilling.
- Bright future: Possibility to join us after graduation!
- Our amazing People: Search for #lifeattravelport posts on LinkedIn to learn and see more about us!
- Remuneration: Competitive base salary & benefits package; plus a very generous holiday allowance!
What does a great Commercial Operations Intern do?
We have a number of opportunities within our commercial operations teams across Sales Operations and Travel Partner Delivery. You will be interacting and collaborating with Travelport’s entire commercial operations community, engaging with a range of other teams in the business function, allowing you to gain exposure and experience across the business.
You’ll be playing a pivotal role in supporting weekly and monthly business performance reviews, challenging the teams and tracking progress on associated priorities. You will regularly use Microsoft applications to build reports and implement process improvements, so an analytical mindset is crucial!
What kind of work could you be doing?
- Learning how organizations build plans, initiatives, processes, and tools that give our sales function everything it needs to win new business and exceed Travelport’s aspirations
- Design analytical dashboards that enable us to be able to predict performance, revenue & overall success
- Work closely with both the direct sales force and indirect sales forces
- Support the adoption of our CRM system (Oracle Sales Cloud) and associated Sales Effectiveness Processes within the company
- Understand and monitor travel and advertising industry trends and how we can apply them to our customer conversations. Keep up to date on competitive analysis.
- Work with Business Intelligence / Data teams to reveal key insights about the global and regional travel markets that will help our hotel customers understand what recovery looks like for them.
- Identify new revenue opportunities, research potential new customers and their contact details
Who would do well in these roles?
Studying for a relevant degree is always helpful; more importantly we want to see that you’re passionate, you have a desire to add value and take ownership of projects while working with autonomy and accountability.
Don’t worry, we’ll teach you everything you need to know for you to be successful in your role!
The hiring process
- 1st step: Your CV application
- 2nd step: An on-demand questionnaire to complete in your own time (we will send you the link)
- 3rd step: An invitation to attend our Showcase Assessment Day at our Global HQ in Langley, Berkshire late January 2024 where you will have the opportunity to learn more about us!
Interested? We’d love for you to apply!
If you have any questions, get in touch- we’d love to hear from you: Isha.Chana@travelport.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.