Commercial (Marketing) Placement Programme Dublin 2024
This is a 12-month placement which is based in Dublin, Ireland; to be eligible to apply you must be in your penultimate year of university. Starting salary for the role is 29,050 Euros per annum with fantastic progression and incremental roll off salary.
We have an under-representation of disabled and ethnic minority colleagues at TUI and therefore welcome applications from people who come from these groups.
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our placement programme, you’ll spend one invaluable year working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
The Marketing function supporting the Ireland business in its marketing requirements. On your marketing placement, you will support the development, management and activation of marketing activities and campaigns for the brands in Ireland both online and offline. This includes advertising, promotional, public & media relations, brochure/publication production, content management, digital marketing including ECRM and social media.
You’ll spend 12 months with our TUI Ireland marketing team in Dublin where you’ll play a key part striving to build our brand in Ireland and attract new customers to our business as we embark on some exciting and ambitious growth plans.
You’ll gain a full insight into our marketing function and wider Ireland business, supporting a portfolio of destinations and making important decisions which will drive forward the strategy and profitability of TUI.
About the job
- You will assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing campaigns both online and offline for the TUI, Marella and Crystal Ski brands in Ireland. .
- You will take an active role in the implementation of the overall digital marketing strategy, with a primary focus on social media across all platforms assisting with the content schedule and communications.
- Support the day to day proactive PR/media activity aimed at promoting the company and its range of products
- Assist in the creation of weekly ECRM (Push & Email) campaigns through HTML based on business commercial, brand and campaign priorities.
- Support the design, plan and coordination of various events for media and industry suppliers.
- Work with the Graphic Designer to ensure the timely production of all marketing material for TUI and Crystal Ski in Ireland. This may include writing or proofreading of content for brochures, social media or Tourist Board campaigns. You will also support the coordination of other marketing promotional materials, including leaflets, point of sale, flyers and merchandise.
- On a weekly and monthly basis, you will be required to assist in the reporting, measuring and evaluation of campaign performance results and produce monthly KPI reports.
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Strategic thinker
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Focuses on providing unrivalled service to our customers
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Great at communicating with others
- Hunger for learning, with a minimum of Junior cert Merit (or equivalent) in English and Maths, and a commitment to completing a placement year (starting in 2024) as part of your third year at university
- A passion for business development, as well an interest in the travel industry
About our offer
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
- Investment in your development
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Be Rewarded Platform
- Buddies – every new placement gets a buddy from around the business
- Mentors – provide a mentor to all of our placements
- Contact with business directors – through welcome meetings and project presentations
- Blog and options for content creation – there is the opportunity for you to be creative with content creation whilst on their year here
- All the employee networks
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.
We are part of the Disability Confident Scheme and welcome disabled applicants.. As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.