Commercial Placement Programme Dublin 2024
This is a 12-month placement which is based in Dublin, Ireland; to be eligible to apply you must be in your penultimate year of university. Starting salary for the role is 29,050 Euros per annum with fantastic progression and incremental roll off salary.
We have an under-representation of ethnic minority colleagues at TUI and therefore welcome applications from people who come from these groups.
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our placement programme, you’ll spend one invaluable year working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
Our Commercial team help design, develop, and deliver dream holidays for our customers, delivering growth and profitability through cleverly managing price, focusing on cost, and controlling the availability of our products. From liaising with hotel buyers, to forecasting travel trends, developing holiday brochures, and pricing holidays – it’s all in a day’s work in this area of our business.
You’ll spend 12 months here in Dublin where you’ll play a key part striving to optimise sales and profitability ensuring the right price is available to our customers at the right time.
You’ll gain a full insight into our business, supporting a portfolio of destinations and making important commercial decisions which will drive forward the strategy and profitability of TUI.
About the job
Have you ever wondered how the price of your package holiday is decided, why they sometimes change from the last time you looked or why the cost varies across different destinations?
The Trading role is the team behind this, and is all about spotting patterns and working with data to ensure a proactive approach to problem-solving and getting the best results for your destinations. In summary, these roles are all about:
- Ensure our products are available to our customers at the right price, at the right time, in line with demand and competition
- You will focus on Beach holidays, identifying the best way to sell our beds and aircraft seats to maximise profits
- You will have responsibility for a number of holiday destinations, enhancing both flight and hotel performance. You do this by reviewing and analysing sales trends, while manipulating our yield management system to make effective recommendations to deliver your trading strategy in line with market conditions – think stock market, but for holidays!
- You monitor and react to demand in the competitive holiday market, taking relevant pricing actions to maximise opportunities and overcome any barriers to sale
- Your decisions will directly drive the price offering to our customers and ultimately feed in to the overall financial performance of TUI
- Numerate and analytical
- Structured, focused and enthusiastic to learn
- Proactive, curious and conscientious
- Confident and able to work under pressure
- Seeks to understand others’ perspectives
- Hunger for learning, with a minimum Junior Cert merit or GCSE grade 4 or C (or equivalent) in English and Maths, and a commitment to completing a placement year (starting in 2024) as part of your third year at university
- Proficient user of the MS office suite
- And finally, it helps if you love holidays as we are all passionate about the full experience gain through travel that creates memories that last a lifetime
About our offer
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
- Investment in your development
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
- Be Rewarded Platform
- Irish travel – For those based out in Ireland, there will be paid travel for you to come over to the UK at regular intervals throughout the year
- Buddies – every new placement gets a buddy from around the business
- Mentors – provide a mentor to all of our placements
- Contact with business directors – through welcome meetings and project presentations
- Blog and options for content creation – opportunity to be creative with content creation whilst on your placement
- All the employee networks
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.
We are part of the Disability Confident Scheme and welcome disabled applicants. As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.