Junior Project Manager - Defence
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 offices worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Within the South West region our infrastructure team has strong positions in Transport, Utilities, Power and Defence. Over the past years we have seen significant growth in the Defence sector and have a range of opportunities to develop experience across various projects and programmes. We are currently seeking applications from Project Managers interested in working in the Defence Sector.
We are seeking passionate people early in their PM careers to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities, have a strong foundation of technical understanding and experience within defence or other highly regulated industries.
- Understand defence project lifecycle and procurement process
- Influence and support client project delivery through appropriate planning, monitoring and controlling
- Interact with the project team to define and interrogate scope of work
- Champion the appropriate programme and project delivery strategies to secure a successful business outcome
- Definition of programmes and projects ensuring alignment with client business needs and context
- Promote and foster positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan; prepare and mange any remedial actions required
- Ensure appropriate services to the project are delivered through technical, engineering, project controls, commercial and financial support functions
- Prepare Business Cases and obtain approvals
- Carry out Gateway reviews
- Maintain timely and effective change management processes and procedures
- Prepare regular and clear status reports, dashboards and the like
- Prepare and manage the project plans
- Monitor and advise on status of project KPIs
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Full UK Driving Licence
Ideally a Selection of or progress towards;
- Association of Project Management - PMQ
- Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM)
- Managing Successful Programmes – Practitioner APMP
- Certified Project Management Associate
- PRINCE2 – Practitioner
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.