Graduate Talent Program Group Treasury London 2022
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You’ll work within the Group Treasury function in the Pricing and Incentivization team. The Pricing and Incentivization team are responsible for the framework applied in the pricing of liquidity and funding risk, including, where relevant, allocated capital associated to the Group’s liquidity buffer. The role is varied, with exposure to an array of concepts, people, processes, and infrastructures that would typically be expected in a Bank’s Group Treasury team.
The role will include:
- Oversight and approval of setting the Group’s internal funding curves (Funds Transfer Pricing / FTP).
- Develop subject matter expertise with regards to the curves’ construction, scenario analysis, planning and development.
- Understand the various liquidity and funding models/requirements applied across the main entities within UBS and translate that into the FTP framework
- Understand and advise on the delivery mechanisms associated with Liquidity & Funding (L&F) pricing between Group Treasury and the business divisions; for example FTP trade creation, FTP portfolio management, pricing modules and general allocations
- Lead stakeholders through changes in the framework, including building estimations / simulations of the expected financial impact of the changes
- Work with IT to incorporate Pricing and Incentivization changes into the agile/sprint release cycles
- Maintain and update the governance documentation and educational materials supporting the framework
- Interact with Group Treasury, Regional Treasury, business divisions, finance, audit, regulators and other stakeholders
- Contribute to our wider Treasury team – including resource planning, resource optimization, funding management, networking and social activities
You will be working as part of the Group Treasury team based in London. The Pricing and Incentivisation team are part of a wider Resource Management and Planning (RMP) team, which sits in the Treasury function. The RMP team, in addition to pricing and incentivisation, also manages the L&F metrics across the Group and UBS AG, forecasts L&F requirements, ensures compliance with internal and external limits, triggers and targets, drives optimization across L&F, RWA and LRD, supports optimization across business divisions and regions, and makes assessments of regulatory requirements on LRD and RWA.
You need to be in the last year of your degree and have, or be on track for, a 2:1 or the equivalent in your first undergraduate degree. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- Analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- Plan, organize and communicate well
- Make things happen
- Stick with a task
- Work in a team
- Come up with ideas.
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
We know that development opportunities are important to you and we want to make sure you you'll be successful. That's why our graduate training program is designed to ensure that you'll have an in-depth introduction to our firm and the business you will be part of. You'll start your UBS experience by participating in UBS Discovery, a training program that will bring you up to speed on our industry, strategy, capabilities and culture.
As you move into your target business you'll benefit from both business-specific and firm-wide on- and off-the-job training that will ensure you are a confident and competent contributor from day one.
Each business has its own program that varies in duration, scope and location, but they all share a similar approach that breaks down complex information into manageable elements. The teaching methods and environment encourage you to get to know your peers. In some areas, an extended induction period provides further team building and networking opportunities. You keep on learning once you join your team. You may be rotated through a number of desks and departments to broaden your product knowledge and extend your network of contacts. In some departments, regular lectures and presentation events allow for the sharing of knowledge as well as promoting team spirit. Ongoing training and development encourages your career progress.
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.